What info is needed to activate Apple Pay?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by AVS0S, Sep 30, 2016.

1. AVS0S macrumors member

AVS0S

I'm sort of a busy person and like to know ahead of time on what info I'd need to activate a card. It kinda annoys me on how you need to call to activate.

edit ; emailed bank, said I need to call

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That is YOUR finical institution's requirement and not an :apple:Pay problem.

3. Rigby macrumors 601

Apple Pay itself only requires the information from the card (including the CVV code). But many banks require an additional verification step, e.g. by texting a security code to a known phone number. In some cases it may also depend on which device you are activating the card on (e.g. if you do it on a phone with a phone number that the bank knows, they may skip additional verification). You should receive a prompt that explains what you need to do.

4. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

If you needed to call, the total time taken would be less than the time needed to write this post and email your bank.

I smell a rat. Sounds like you want to add someone else's card to your Apple Pay without them knowing.