What information is needed to reserve iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KameronBriggs, Jun 13, 2010.

1. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Like many other people, I plan on reserving the iPhone 4 on June 15th. I've never reserved an iPhone before, and I don't know what information I'm going to need to reserve it. I kinda like to know things in advance so that's why I'm posting this thread. Sorry if it's already been posted before, but I can't find anything that answers this question when I searched the forums. I'm totally staying up late tomorrow night to reserve it at 12:01 if possible! I'm so excited.

2. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

I don't think it will be at 12:01... So don't stay up too late

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

If I were you, I would not stay up late. I would wait until they announce the time pre-orders will start. If they start at 8:00 in the morning, then you will miss it (if you want to get it done as soon as possible) because you stayed up all night waiting for it to happen.

What you will need depends on where you are pre-ordering it from and if you are new to AT&T or not.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

5. KameronBriggs thread starter macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

No one knows when preorders start and in the past, they have never started at midnight.

7. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

No, the poster is lying. If Steve Jobs actually said that, it would be all over the news and the link would work. :)

8. KameronBriggs thread starter macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Yea, I found all the info online.
    They haven't released what time you can reserve them. I'll be up at 12 anyway, might as well check it.
    And in case anyone else was wondering, you need Your name, phone number thats going to be upgraded, and last 4 digits of SSN.

9. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

it's actually your phone number, zip code and last four of the ssn at least on apple's site. No word about the time I called apple a few times already. :(

10. Mr.Allen macrumors newbie

It's not worth it to be up at midnight because I highly doubt the pre-order will be up at that time. It will more likely be 8 AM EST(5 AM PST).

11. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Can you pre-order a phone and have it as an add on line to your family plan?

12. KameronBriggs thread starter macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

I think so. You just have to click "new phone" or something along those lines during the reservation process.

13. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I do not believe you can do this online. :(

14. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

I would have to agree about this one. I don't think apple every does midnight launches for pre-ordering.. would be a good idea though to spread out server load. But hey I am pretty sure apple's servers can handle a lot of people :p

15. elypcool macrumors member

apple is asking me for a complete social security... also at&t is this only for creating an account or also for pre-ordering?

16. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

really thats odd. hmm. you can also pre-order with ATT but I find apple to be more reliable..

17. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Are you currently an AT&T customer?

18. elypcool macrumors member

nvm I got it ask you for complete social if you are creating a new account but if you got one only last 4