What Internal Hard Drive Should I Get?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aesir911, Jul 20, 2011.

1. aesir911 macrumors member

I am looking to upgrade my black macbook. I have upgraded macbook pros before, but never the regular one. What HD should I get (please give links to amazon)? I want the largest capacity possible. Also, do you have any links with videos on how to replace the HD and the RAM?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Brand does not matter. Just make sure it has a 5-year warranty.

3. aesir911 thread starter macrumors member

what internal hard drive should i get? would the scorpio 1tb fit in the black macbook?

4. BasilFawlty macrumors 6502

BasilFawlty

I wanted to upgrade my 160GB HD in my Unibody Macbook and after some research, I opted for the Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500GB. With the added 4GB of flash storage it promises SDD-like performace for many common tasks at a fraction of the cost. Plus with a 32MB HD cache and 7200RPM it seems like a decent drive even without the SDD-like features. I've got another thread on here about that drive and so far people who have tried it really seem to like it, but I've not received mine yet (should come today).

5. iSmac macrumors member

Brand does matter, numerous people have had an issue (myself included) with Western Digital HD’s randomly freezing every few seconds and interactions with the MacBook’s built in motion sensor. Look into it, there is plenty of info about it.
    The best HD’s I have ever had have all been Toshiba’s.

6. InfinitiG macrumors 6502

western digital black

they come in 500gb and a new 750gb capacity

no issues ignore what anyone says WD is the best