What iOS habits do you have?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Zmanbaseball2, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Zmanbaseball2, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014

Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Just thought of making this thread to see what habits people have on their iOS devices.

Mine are:
    -Making sure all apps are killed
    -Making sure my devices are charging
    -Making sure my alarm is on to wake me up

Added:
    -Making sure all tabs are closed in safari
    -Checking my email for new emails
    -Make sure nothing is in notification center
    -making sure all apps are up to date

Will add once I remember more. Those are the ones that come to my mind.

Please don't open to this thread to say "You have OCD" and other unnecessary comments.

2. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Resisting the change apple decided on on iOS and usually coming to like most of it.

3. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Don't remove your applications from the switcher. It harms battery life :(

4. C DM, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014

C DM macrumors Westmere

Are things like making sure the device is charging when plugged in or checking the alarm before going to sleep actually particular iOS habits or mostly just general common sense (applicable to things beyond iOS and even mobile phones for many)?

For me, aside from the more or less common sense things like those above, I'd say checking email, checking App Store for updates, and checking the notification center to make sure nothing new has come in that I might have overlooked and not taken care of (which I guess essentially translates to keeping the notification center empty and apps badge-free for the most part). But even those things are kind of beyond iOS and even mobile devices in some sense too.

5. iCore24 macrumors 6502

iCore24

I make sure I have no notifications on any of my apps lol. I hate seeing that +1 +2 etc, especially Facebook with stupid game invites!!! :mad:

6. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

1. Make sure there're no apps on the background most of the time.
    2. Charge my devices from 0% (when they turn off) to 100%
    3. Leave my devices charging from 0% (when they turn off) to 100% eight hours at least once a week.
    4. Close all tabs on Safari.
    5. Clear all my chats and recent calls and mailboxes.
    6. Delete apps I haven't used for more than 2 months.
    7. Install the best + most lightweight version of an app.
    8. Set triple click to invert colours.
    9. Set all my notification to no badges and just banners and sound.

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Close all apps in multitasking all the time. Like the second I'm done with an app.
    Close notifications from notification center.

8. crookadile macrumors regular

I used check my Notification Area to see my events.
    Since iOS7 arrived this habit is now redundant due to the fact all day events no longer show in there.
    However the day before,I know I have some kind of event because iOS7 tells me so. Unfortunately it doesn't tell me what the event is :confused: and on the day of the event it forgets to tell me. :mad:

9. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Reading through this thread, apparently I don't have any iOS habits.

10. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Not spending\wasting time closing stuff from the multitasking bar all the time is one habit i have!:rolleyes:

11. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

1. Always open multitasking view to close all unnecessary applications.

2. Always have iPad or iPod touch plugged in whenever possible (always 98%) of time. I always have a cord and a charger with me all the time.

3. Make sure all update or notification badge disappear. Red bandage with numbers appear is really annoying.

4. Clear out everything in notification centre.

5. Keep my iOS device jailbroken as long as possible.

12. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

Always clear out iMessages 5 minutes after a conversation has come to a halt.

Always have a timer set and will close out apps within 5 minutes. Stinks when researching/reading as I habitually close out every app in 5-minute intervals whether using it or not.

After closing out all apps I check my Mail for any messages (I have Badge notifications on but want to see if I can intercept any mail before it pops up) then close out of the app. I generally do this at the 5-minute intervals as well as the 2.5 minute intervals.

Always end a call at XX:00. There are times when people must think I simply lost a connection or am just blabbering if the call seems to be ending within 10-20 seconds after the next minute starts

Always rearrange Apps alphabetically...burdensome when I see and download a few apps at a time.

------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I don’t to any of the above. I will close out apps every couple days as I think about it.
    I have Mail “un-read” simply to use it as a Flag for certain emails.

Only habits I might have started it to check the App Store/iTunes Store for Freebies.
    And read Flipboard as I am walking out of the office.

13. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Close all apps.

Check mail. Delete email. Close Mail. <- and repeat that process again and again because they don't delete.

Occasionally check App store for updates since they never seem to come thru.

14. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

i think we are long lost brothers haha, i do the exact same things.

15. chabig macrumors 68040

1. Keep the screen clean and free of scratches.
    2. Don't drop the device in water.
    3. Avoid scratching the aluminum back.
    4. Keep the device charged and synced.
    5. Don't mess with the list of recent apps.

Just those simple things. Nothing else.

----------

They don't understand technology, so they believe in voodoo.

16. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Habit.

Easier to go to an app when you don't have to scroll thru 30 of them.

17. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

I understand that app in he background will get killed by system pretty easily given how low amount of RAM on iOS devices. I just do not want see bunch of app on the multitasking view every time I double click the home screen, that will drive me crazy. I will always clear all the app ncuessary and I am willing to go jailbreak for one click kill all apps...

18. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

trying to get rid of all the badges on all my apps, not letting my battery die (if that even is one) I'm actually scared of having my phone die, I've never had it die before.

19. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Most cases I leave a few open (Chrome, Messages, echofon), and any others I close after I'm done with them. Assuming they dev made it so it isn't running in the background, it just looks cluttered to have tab after tab after tab of apps.

And using the 30 was just an example. Even if you never close any app, there's still going to be times when an app you want to use is near the end of your list.

20. Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

If the app got killed in the background, it takes similar amount of time to resume the app. The only difference is you relaunching the app from home screen or multitasking tray. The app will reload itself and you won't save time at all.

Yes, it bothering me when i see 10+ app sitting on multitasking tray and it drives me nuts...

21. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

22. C DM macrumors Westmere

It will turn off, you will put it on a charger and it will turn back on in about 5-10 minutes when it gets to at least 5% charge.

23. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I know what happens, ive had my ipod and ipads die but its just my phone i never let die.