What iPad app or web service might do this the best?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by AlBDamned, Jul 18, 2011.

1. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Hi guys,

I'm on the hunt for a tool, service, app or combination of any of those things. Any advice would be great!

Using an iPad, my requirements are:

• to have a centrally accessible showreel of images (screenshots of web designs) that can be accessed by all consultants in our company
    • to be able to tag each image/screen with multiple tags, and sort through them on the fly (i.e. at a meeting)
    • To include descriptions on each photo
    • To be able to update just once and sync for all users

I have been through a few ideas so far, including:

• Creating an iPhoto library and hosting it on Dropbox. This has potential if using the OSX version of iPhoto, but not iPad.
    • A dropbox-based file system, but this is clunky and very manual for what I'm proposing, and I'd not be able to tag and would end up with duplicate files
    • A private Flickr group for hosting, and a supplementary iPad-based app such as Portfolio to Go I like this idea but not sure about the downloading local versions aspect. Perhaps something purely cloud-based could work?

As said, any advice or input to a better solution would be awesome!

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

You could probably do what you want with Evernote.... just a thought.

3. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

Yea, Evernote (http://www.evernote.com/) can do just about everything you describe. You would need a premium account to share the notebook so that all could see it. The only drawback is that shared notebooks are not yet viewable on iOS devices, but the devs say that this functionality is coming soon.

Come to think of it, you should check out Springpad (http://springpadit.com). It has iPhone, iPad, and web clients and I think would do all of what you describe. Plus, the service has social sharing baked in, so sharing between friends/colleagues should be possible.

Anyway, I think one of these two services will get you there. You just have to investigate them both and see which one works best for you.

4. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Thank you both for the recommendations, really appreciate it. The sharing via iOS device is a prerequisite, but I can still investigate both.