what ipad browser are you using?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by brilliant, Oct 26, 2013.

1. brilliant macrumors member

brilliant

i've been an atomic loyalist for so long but they haven't updated it for over a year now... i guess it's time to switch.

2. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

3. daytona macrumors regular

4. MonstaMash macrumors regular

MonstaMash

Used to use Chrome, but since iOS 7, Safari is by far the fastest browser. Only times I use Chrome is if I need to use the Request Desktop Site feature.

5. brilliant thread starter macrumors member

brilliant

6. Red Logic macrumors newbie

Red Logic

I also have used Atomic for a while. A while ago, I switched to Photon Flash browser. It's really cool, and flash works! Hook up a Bluetooth keyboard and you, sir have yourself a mini laptop. (although a quite laggy one.):p

7. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Don't need more functionality beyond what Safari is offering: so only Safari. I tired others but always came back to Safari.

8. thekb macrumors 6502a

Usually Safari, but my work website doesn't recognize Safari, so I have to 'identify as' IE or Firefox to get it to work, so I use Atomic in those cases.

9. jojoba macrumors 68000

I mainly use Safari but have been testing out the new browser Coast by Opera, which I quite like.

10. ellie2000 macrumors newbie

No reason for not using Safari. It works great for me,and Ive got all my bookmarks synced from my mac mini/imac in it too.

11. brilliant thread starter macrumors member

brilliant

why i'm not using safari:

-can't dl files
    -can't adjust brightness
    -can't increase or decrease font size
    -no themes
    -no adblock
    -no user agent support

currently using mercury. it's nice, if only we can open image in new tab, it'd be perfection.

i'm not against safari, it's just that 3rd party browsers have more features.

12. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

Mercury has been my favorite lately. Used to use Atomic Web, heck I even designed the original app icon as well as a newer flat icon for Atomic Web but I think the developer has abandoned Atomic...time will tell.

Again, Mercury web browser will cover all your stated browser needs.

13. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

14. JGWolven macrumors regular

Used chrome forever. It's been bugging out too frequently for me. I couldn't stand Safari before, but it's now my primary browser. Love it.

15. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

iCab. Loads of features, fast, and has a nice low ram warning for my iPad 2 (iOS7 triggers it all the time).

Only thing I miss from Safari, is synced bookmarks.

16. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

17. urkel macrumors 68030

Safari. But only because it's essentially forced onto users to be the default. You know, like how that evil Microsoft did it with IE... but since it's Apple I guess we'll all just make excuses for why choice is bad.

18. nutmac macrumors 68040

Since Chrome uses UIWebView (which uses WebKit), which is slower than Safari since it lacks Nitro engine that Safari has, I am not sure what you mean by "way faster".

19. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

Is that the new Safari? Sorry I'm still on iOS6 so don't know if there're any differences and all those fancy words you just mentioned. But it feels faster and it's also way sexy looking than Safari. ( I don't work for Google :)

20. nutmac macrumors 68040

It has been that way since iOS 5, I believe. In any case, Chrome for iOS does not use Chrome for Mac/PC rendering engine. It uses slower implementation of whatever iOS comes with.

21. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

I'm sure you're right. I'm just a day to day user. Chrome to me, looks sexier than Safari. Especially if you're on 6. And I love the way you can search from the address bar.
    I have no idea how Safari looks on 7 as I've never seen it.

22. Fondaparinux macrumors member

It means that you're delusional to think Google's Chrome is faster than Safari. Chrome sucks in iOS, Safari is the fastest browser.

23. bachhai macrumors newbie

24. Pascual macrumors newbie

I just bought an iPad Air and this is the area I'm really missing my jailbreak. Safari is fine but it ins't my browser of choice. Having the ability to set a new default browser and enable the Nitro engine to work in all browsers was great. Until I can jailbreak again I'm sticking with Safari.