What iPad case should I get?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dunlapface, May 5, 2010.

1. dunlapface macrumors newbie

Hey all. I just purchased a 64gb iPad and it is coming in tomorrow. I'd like to get a case for it, but don't know what to get. Here are some specific points I am looking for ...

A case that isn't bulky
    A case that will somewhat protect the unit.
    A case that is $30 and under.
    A case that still lets me view the Apple logo on the back.

Please let me know what cases you recommend for me, since I'd like to get one ASAP to make sure that it has a case.

2. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Please check out the iPad Accessories subforum at the top of the main iPad page. Lots of great threads on cases there. :)

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

4. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Belkin grip vue

This is the perfect case for you but it's $50

Mine is going to be delivered today. 5-6-10

There is one that is $20 but it's doesn't cover the sides and only latch onto the corners of the iPad. It basically just covers the aluminum backing.

My recommendation is the belkin grip vue. It's worth the extra cash. Check it out from the apple store and from YouTube videos.

5. h00ligan macrumors 68030

WAyy too expensive for what it is...molded plastic. Hit ebay..belkin is a ripoff and if you're patient, you will see that. 50 bucks for a plastic case...cmon..you're mental.

6. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Obviously it's damn expensive but there are good things about it than the other cheap plastic case that you find on eBay.

Ports on the belkin grip vue align perfectly.

Great grip.

Very thin yet protective due to it's material that absorbs the impact of a fall.

See through so you can still see the aesthetics of your iPad.

Doesn't capture dust.

It has great ratings on the apple site. There's a reason why.

Dont just look at the fact that it's just a piece of plastic.

Some people like leather cases BUT with leather cases not being so good in absorbing an impact of a fall they need to make the case thicker. With the belkin grip vue they can keep the thinness people want but also be as protective.

7. Aydin macrumors member

I like Grip Vue a lot, but the only problem is that it doesn't protect the screen when the iPad is not in use or in a bag.

8. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

9. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Recommending a case you don't even have yet. Classic

10. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Get a screen protector. Seriosly the flip case are annoying when you flip it to the back of the ipad and have this loose flap you need to hold onto that also adds bulk to the device and it really takes away the tablet feel.

The belkin grip vue is also grippy enough to lean it against a wall or object to keep it standing.

If you really want your iPad to stand then get an iPad stand or find an object around the house that does the job.

What's also great about the belkin grip vue is that it covers the front edges of the iPad that way if the iPad fell face front it will only hit the case and not damaging the glass screen.

11. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Apple case gets dirty way too much and isn't the best protector against falls

12. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I've seen YouTube videos on it's look, features, and feel. That's enough to put out in opinion.

It's not like we all try the case before purchasing.

I recommend it because of how people react towards it, it's high ratings, and my opinion.

Being that it cost $50 and people still giving it high ratings show that it probably is a really good case.

I know I will keep my recommendation once I try it. It's not hard to know what the case is going to be like because I read other peoples reviews, checked out videos, and read the details of it so I have a good idea on the case to put out a recommendation.

I will repost on whether It lived to what I expected.

13. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

So I received the belkin grip vue for $50

All the ports align perfectly.

The edge of the case is a bit rounded which gives a better feel.

The quality feels good. Not sticky.

I am able to prop up the iPad against the wall to use as photo frame and or alarm clock without worrying about the back of the device touching against the wall or object to prop it up.

The look is what I expected.

My iPad can take a fall without much worry and I can take it out with me without the worry if I would damage it.

This is the best see through case out now if your looking for a case that doesn't hide the aesthetics of the iPad.

14. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I'm actually going to get this. The belkin Grip Vue is nice and all but the sides are rounded and does not contour to the shape of the ipads sides which are flat. Plus the black looks nice and more professional on the Incipio DermaSOT comparing to the black Belkin Grip Vue that looks like shiny plastic which in my opinion looks cheap.

But I got the clear Belkin Grip Vue.

The Belkin Grip Vue when looking at it from the front, you can see the thick plastic on the sides which give the iPad a cheap looking border.

I will sell the Belkin Grip Vue once I recieve my Incipio dermaSOT case.

Got it for $25 plus shipping and handling $5 = $30.

and will sell the Belkin Grip Vue for $40 on Craigslist.

15. IrishTiger macrumors regular

I love the Apple case. It's fantastic!!! I really hate using ANY case as the iPad is so beautiful... but I want to preserve the quality of it though. I'm very satisfied with the apple one.

16. Mellofello808 macrumors member