What iPad has that Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 doesn't

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, Feb 13, 2018.

1. hajime macrumors 601

Hello, I don't use the phone function often. Perhaps on average I make/receive no more than three calls/month. I wonder if I should just go back to a large screen tablet which is much better for my eyes. The problem is Apple does not want to make iPad with phone function what does not require connection to the internet. Consider the case that I have no internet connection but somebody is calling me urgently. My Note Pro 12.2 is till very good and I can use it as a phone. The problem is that it is difficult to fully backup the phone without breaking the OS. It has happened twice that the annotated pdf files, website bookmarks and photos were all gone because the device failed.

2. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

Haven’t used Galaxy Note Pro for a few weeks. When I turned it on, the app I used to use was here but it said it was not installed?!

Is this Android ‘s issue?

4. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

I mean this isn't really a Mac buying tip or advice... but... Maybe you installed the App to the SD card, and removed the SD card? That's all I can think of.

5. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks. I will check if that is the case. iPad never has this kind of problem? Because of Android/device malfunctions, I have lost some important documents.

6. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks for your info. Hardware-wise, the Galaxy Note PRO is still pretty good. Besides, I can use it as a phone. However, I have lost important files due to Android's malfunctions. It is time to move to iPad PRO even it is not perfect. Now, I have to carry an iPhone, an iPad and a MBP. Wish Apple combined all three into one device.