What iPad is best suited for me?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gamecube117, Mar 7, 2012.

1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

I'll give some background information about my daily uses of my Apple products:

I've used three iPod Nanos. Recently my old one broke, which was unfortunate because I love the Nanos and I really did not want to convert to the new Nano (Touch), and if I was, I would just upgrade to the full iPod Touch -- which I did.

I bought the iPod Touch 32GB last November and four months later 10GB of it is already used up for music. I only have like 2-3 apps, and it's like News, Flixter, and more of the convenience apps.

I don't really play games, hence why I don't have any games app. My iPod Touch is not jail broken too.

So I'm considering the iPad Wireless, but I don't know which one to get... I don't know if I would store music on my iPad because I already have an iTouch, and I wouldn't know what to use my iPad for then if I wasn't gonna use music/apps/etc. Maybe just for the internet browser? And the camera? I was thinking it would replace my Macbook Pro. My friend has the iPad 2, she always carries it in her purse, brings it every where with her, school, Starbucks, and a lot of the places have Wifi so she doesn't need to buy the 3G one. I envy that she can carry her "laptop" every where with no hassle or struggles. Anyway, considering all the information above, what is best suited for me?

I wanted the 32GB, but if I add an extra hundred bucks, I could get the 64GB... But do I really need all that? That would last a life time.

And if I buy the 3G + Wireless iPad, is it a contract? Because what if I want to use Wifi, but one month I'm going away to another city, and I want full internet, can I purchase internet for just that one month? Or does it have to be a year contract thing?

----------

Also, does the iPad only come in "3G"?

I don't think 3G is fast?

2. MrBambinoDent macrumors regular

Well if you don't really need it and your iPod is enough then don't buy it.
    But if you wanna get one and you are just thinking about its main uses then it's gonna be : Browsing, social networking, note taking, watching videos and photos on its gorgeous screen, News readers like flipboard and Zite are really unique experiences, lots of stuff.
    Still you shouldn't consider it as your main music player cause iPods are better ones and you wouldn't waste your iPad storage on music that you already have on your iPod.
    I think you should just get a 16 gb WiFi :)

3. javiwankenobi macrumors member

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

3G is month-to-month, no contract, but that's not to say the rules will change w/ the iPad 4. We'll have to see.

As for size - browse the iPad app store and take a look at the size of the apps you'd want on your iPad. Then add 2mb for every book, song, or picture, 700mb for every movie, as an avg. That should give you your minimum space requirement, and of course you'll want 2x that for growth and to ensure you never use 100% of storage.