Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
hey guys, i'll be working at an applestore shortly and was wondering what kind of apps i could have on my iphone that would help me out.
i've got mactracker to help with data on mac models.
any other suggestions?
thank you!!!

iTzChasE

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
lolz at no CaPiTaLiZaTiOn.

Oh, and I have no clue what apps you should get. Shouldn't you have got a 5 page "How to be a good Apple employee" booklet?

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
Sorry i wasn't aware i *have* to capitalise apple products and services :)

And no, i haven't started training yet, i just thought of being well prepared, which is why i'm asking for help :)

Thanks for any suggestions (and irrelevant smug comments)

:)

robotmonkey

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
Short answer: no, but there is an apple store app used to place online orders but it's targeted at consumers.

long answer: if you want to give reviews to questioning customers, familiarize yourself to as many apps as possible.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
Ummm sorry but i don't follow, what i meant was what kind of iPhone apps i could have on my phone that would help me do my job better,
eg mactracker, that could help me identify models and provide me with specs.
Please explain if i didn't get you :)
Btw, the store app is us only i think and i don't live there :)
Thanks for the speedy response!

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
one example i could think of is an app that would have apple's history and major events/releases with pics for each... ?

thanks again :)

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
I have faith in the members of this forum, i don't see why i can't ask for advice and/or help :)
I do appreciate actual suggestions more than... well, you know

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
I love how after all these posts there isn't a single iPhone app suggestion...
i appreciate feeble attempts to prove intellectual or wit superiority but i honestly just want app suggestions :)

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
i appreciate feeble attempts to prove intellectual or wit superiority but i honestly just want app suggestions :)

Did you stop to think that just maybe there are no apps for what you want ? Because using a personal phone in a customer service job is not something you want to be doing to remain employed.

End of story. Learn your products and your job and do it, there's no app for that.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)

You are basically asking if you can use your personal phone to recommend Apps. The answer is no. You are also asking what amounts to "can I use my personal phone to pitch such-and-such to a new customer." The answer is "it depends", and your training should give you the answer.

How old are you? You might want to take a step back and acknowledge that the people who have told you to listen to your boss might have a lot more experience in the workplace than you do. Look at the Top 25 in the App Store if you want suggestions. Not that hard.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
I don't think he's asking for help on how to recommend Apps.

More like:

Customer: Hey, this iMac is broken..can you help me?

OP: Sure..let me see which model it is *Pulls out iPhone, looks through models, matches picture*. Oh okay, you do this...

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
The official rule is actually that you can only use the information from the Apple knowledge base.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.