What iPhone-Compatible Earbuds for ~$100?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by w00t951, Dec 16, 2010.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I have narrowed my choices down to the Bose MIE2 and the Denon AHC560R earbuds. Both appear to be compatible with the iPhone 4. I have rejected the Klipsch mobile headset because they are not compatible with the iPhone 4. So, does anyone have any experience with these two headsets, or would like to post a suggestion? Thanks.

2. simplydat macrumors member

Bose MIE2

I have a pair of Bose MIE2, it works very well, and sounds good too. Comes with a built in mic and 3 buttons to do ipod control and call control. I have no experience with Denon.

3. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

Etymotic MC3 are right at the top of your budget but are the highest rated in-ear headphones with iPhone controls on HeadRoom.

4. aohus macrumors 68000

i personally prefer the Monster Turbine in-ear buds. i liked it so much i bought an extra pair.

yeah yeah, theyre by Monster, notorious for selling overpriced cables, but let me tell you, the Monster Turbine is no slouch.

Head-Fi forums gave it a thumbs up, as well as other reviewers, from amazon, and on.

I'd check it out. Cost fluctuates on these. Beware of imitations on ebay, however.

5. ATC macrumors 6502a

Do you mean the Klipsch S4i (link)? I've used them with my iPhone 4 without any issues and they sound great for the price ($100). But as with all IEMs, their fit for your ears will make or break the sound quality and isolation.

6. vant macrumors 65816

7. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I know this is trivial, but I hate the case that comes with the Bose. Its huge because it's also intended to hold your iPhone. Why couldn't they have included something compact to store the earbuds when not in use? Particularly with their funky ear attachment; stuffing them into your pocket seems sure to rip/tear that plastic flap right off. And when consider how much thought people put into their iPhone case, why would Bose assume you would want/use theirs just because you like their earbuds.

Regarding the MIE2i's performance, they sound great. And I a specially like the fact they don't make a tight seal with your ear canal, yet still have good base response. I don't like the vacuum created with a tight seal and I want to still be able to hear loud noises when I wear them, usually outside running around. BTW, the funky ear flaps do a great job holding them in place.

8. Smtevo macrumors 6502

i got the powerbeats which are sick but the ibeats are sick too for $100.

9. walie macrumors 6502a

sickly overpriced

Orpheus or nothing!

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I have these too and really like them alot. As mentioned above, the prices for these change frequently and drastically. I got mine from Buy.com for $60 about a month or so ago. A week later they were $130-$140. Just gotta get them at the right time and you won't be disappointed.