Other What iPhone do you currently have? Do you plan on keeping it or upgrading?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cinnabun814, Aug 12, 2019.

  1. cinnabun814 macrumors regular


    Apr 2, 2018
    I have a XS Max and for once I’m not upgrading. In fact with how expensive these things have gotten i’m Planning on keeping it for another 3 years! Yes...3.
  2. ruslan120 macrumors 6502


    Jul 12, 2009
    I use it for the camera, and have a grandmother who needs a new iPhone. So a definite yes based on the rumored 3 cameras.

    Usually for YouTube I film with a XS and X, so I'll be sending her the X and going XS + XSS.
  3. verito81 macrumors member


    Mar 18, 2018
    i have the iphone 7 and im loving it not even a month enjoying this device i had the SE before for a year but the screen was too small i decided to increase size of screen and im also loving the touch home button
    Upgrade no needed for ,me this cellphone is so awesome
  4. eyoungren macrumors Core


    Aug 31, 2011
    ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
    iPhone 6s+, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s and iPhone 4.

    Yes, plan on keeping them. We keep all our phones until they die or are given away to those who need them.

    PS. Already upgraded. Pixel 3a XL.
  5. timeconsumer macrumors 68000


    Aug 1, 2008
    iPhone 8 and probably upgrading. The 2GB of RAM causes too many page/app reloads for me.
  6. tonybarnaby macrumors 68000

    Dec 3, 2017
    Sticking with my 8+. I'll give the 5G LCD iPhone a try if it exists. If not, then I'll decide something else if apple hasn't fixed their pwm implementation by then.
  7. Jim Lahey macrumors 6502

    Jim Lahey

    Apr 8, 2014
    Great Britain
    Case-less Space Grey 256GB 8 Plus in showroom condition. Love it. Still a formidable device. Not planning on upgrading, but also not ruling it out.
  8. rumz macrumors 6502a

    Feb 11, 2006
    I’m on iUP... so I plan on “upgrading” to actually lower my monthly payment. Might even see if I can return that phone within the return window to get out of iUP altogether.

    So What I’d like to do is sort of “downgrade”. Move from the XS Max to the XR or whatever it’s replacement is. Just not feeling like the more expensive iPhones are worth the price to me anymore. I’d rather spend that money on an iPad Pro. Truthfully I kinda wonder if they released a new SE if I might try that (I still need something to sync my Apple Watch to).

    I have never once used Apple care on a phone. And I only started buying it with Plus size phones because I knew they were more prone to breaking if dropped. Not sure I want to do Apple care anymore either.
  9. Tsepz, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019

    Tsepz macrumors 68030


    Jan 24, 2013
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    XS Max and won’t be upgrading until next year/5G/redesign/USB-C Implementation - my next iPhone needs to have all those things, before I upgrade.

    I seriously hope the XS Max does not become like this in the next year. Then again I wonder if the iPhone 11 range will even upgrade the RAM to 6GB? Maybe they’ll stay 4GB RAM.
  10. throAU macrumors 603


    Feb 13, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    iphone 7. work phone. battery life is at this point pretty bad.

    waiting for new models in september.
  11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604


    Jan 17, 2013
    Wales, United Kingdom
    I am currently using an iPhone 8+. The fact this phone is still as good as the day I got it means I have no need to upgrade it yet. It does everything I need it to do.

    Apples biggest competitor is themselves with upgrades as older phones are still ‘good enough’ lol.
  12. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

    Jul 19, 2015
    8 plus for me and no plans to upgrade. I think I will wait till the 2020 models and wait for a 5g phone from Apple.
  13. borntrouble macrumors 6502


    Jun 4, 2010
    Germany - Bavaria
    X right now, probably upgrading this year.
  14. Eftihis macrumors newbie

    Mar 4, 2019
    Athens, Greece
    Enjoying an 8+ for a bit longer than a year already. Not considering upgrading anytime soon. Chances are that when I decide to do so, I’ll also consider proposals from other brands as well, especially if Apple continues to charge us so much for so little.
  15. apolloa macrumors G4

    Oct 21, 2008
    Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
    I have an XR, currently I do want to change it, I want an iPhone with zoomed screen mode though so at the moment this means going smaller then the 5.8” models as they lack zoomed screen mode.
    Currently thinking I may get the rumoured new SE model.
  16. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus


    Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    I have the iPhone 7 plus. Chances of an upgrade this fall are about 50/50.

    Main incentive to upgrade: The plus is too frelling big!

    Main incentive to keep: It's still a very capable phone!
  17. Elitegate macrumors member

    Nov 2, 2014
    Have the 8 Plus. Like the XS Max 256 GB, but it's just so damn expensive. 8 Plus was expensive enough already, and i bought it last year. I don't upgrade every year, so i will keep it another year for sure. Maybe i'll get the 2021 iPhone, will see.
  18. sers macrumors 6502

    Jan 11, 2006
    iPhone SE. Still works perfectly and does what I want it to do. Love the screen size and it easily fits in my pocket. Waiting until this thing completely dies or becomes obsolete. Hoping Apple will make a similarly sized iPhone SE2 with edge-to-edge screen. Can't stand the size of phones today.
  19. MrRabuf macrumors member

    Jan 2, 2019
    iPhone 8. My iPhone 5 lasted me about 5 years and my current phone should last me at least another 2 or 3. I don’t see a reason to upgrade phones on a regular basis anymore. They’ve long since been good enough.
  20. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020


    Jun 9, 2009
    Atlanta GA
  21. Ladybug macrumors 68000


    Apr 13, 2006
    iPhone 8 currently. Purchased almost 2 years ago. I was supposed to upgrade this past November but decided to keep what I have. It’s very doubtful that I would upgrade in the next year so I will probably keep this one for 3 years at least... as I see no compelling reason to upgrade right now.

    I have tried the + size phones in the past and both phones were returned because big phones just don’t work for me. The larger screen is great but overall dimensions is just too large imo. A refreshed SE or something no larger than the 8 might get me upgrade in the future. I mainly use my phone for calls, text, maps..browsing and video are rare.
  22. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

    Apr 27, 2016
    New Jersey
    Can't say just yet. I never decide until I see what the new iPhone has to offer. If it has anything I feel is worth the upgrade, then I bite. If not, I'll keep my Max until there's enough of a reason/some incentive to upgrade.
  23. OllyW Moderator


    Staff Member

    Oct 11, 2005
    The Black Country, England
    Launch day iPhone 8+. I'll wait until the new iPhones are announced until deciding whether to stick with it for another year or upgrade.
  24. compwiz1202 macrumors regular

    May 20, 2010
    Me Max and keep unless something absolutely amazing is announced that somehow stayed out of the leaks.
    Wife XR and she might upgrade to get the lavender.
  25. GalileoSeven macrumors regular

    Jan 3, 2015
    A 64GB 6. Still on the fence - possibly moving to an XR depending on the price (after the 11's are introduced)

Share This Page

174 August 12, 2019