What iPod for extensive collection of Audiobooks & why?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JW8725, Sep 9, 2008.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

The missus and I have recently got back into Audiobooks. Whilst I like a good horror she likes to indulge in gurly Audiobooks.

Anyway in light of what was released earlier I would like a recommendation on what ipod to buy and most importantly WHY?:)

2. foidulus macrumors 6502a

Classic, since that is the only one that features a lot of space

3. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Get an 8gb touch for music/video/internet/apps and a 2gb shuffle for audiobooks. I always try to encode my audiobooks (I have hundreds of them) into a single bookmarkable file, and since 32kbps (mono, voice optimized) is usually perfect for them you cna put tons of material on a shuffle (days and days worth), and because they are just large single files you can find what you want really easily without a screen. Plus they're small, light, durable and cheap.

But you don't get the whole iPod experience with a shuffle, so get a touch, too. It's probably the most impressive piece of technology I've ever fit into my pocket. :)

4. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

i'd actually go for a ipod with a screen (touch, nano, classic). you'll want to see the time on your audiobooks