Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
A daemon is a little "service" that runs behind the scenes. For example, on a Web server, there is a server daemon. You don't see it, but its job is to feed out pages that users ask for.

In your case, it seems to be a daemon for managing PCMCIA cards. However, that's about the extent of my knowledge there.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
A daemon is a system process. Just run 'top' in a VT to see if you have 'cardmgr' somewhere running.

If it is running, I'd imagine editing your PCMCIA script to tell it not to probe that address range would solve your problem. But I've never used PCMCIA with Linux, so I don't know exactly what you'd do. Hope this helps somewhat.

bradc

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2006
Canader eh
^^^^ Is that the religious freak that thinks Unix based systems are made by the devil and that all Unix based systems should eliminate the term daemon and change the permissions numbers(ie. 666)?

Does anybody have a link to that? I heard about it...hahaha oh man:rolleyes: I wonder what will happen when that guy hits the real-world!?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
bradc said:
^^^^ Is that the religious freak that thinks Unix based systems are made by the devil and that all Unix based systems should eliminate the term daemon and change the permissions numbers(ie. 666)?

Does anybody have a link to that? I heard about it...hahaha oh man:rolleyes: I wonder what will happen when that guy hits the real-world!?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/214531/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.