Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
I saw Airpods that were brand new and legitimate on ebay for $140, free shipping. Is that considered a good deal for them? Have there been better deals at other times or on Black Friday?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I saw Airpods that were brand new and legitimate on ebay for $140, free shipping. Is that considered a good deal for them? Have there been better deals at other times or on Black Friday?

$30 is a fairly decent discount for the AirPods. That's as cheap as I have seen them discounted brand new. I don't forsee other retailers going below that price.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Currently and through 10/28/17 Best Buy is offering $5 off on AirPods. That's not much but it's the only time thus far I've seen any kind of discount on the AirPods.

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 6.10.27 AM.png

Reactions: staggerlee41

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Currently and through 10/28/17 Best Buy is offering $5 off on AirPods. That's not much but it's the only time thus far I've seen any kind of discount on the AirPods.

View attachment 726342

slickdeals says this is only for rewards members but the coupon doesnt say anything? i hate best buy but i have $15 left on a three year old gift card i want to use up

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
slickdeals says this is only for rewards members but the coupon doesnt say anything? i hate best buy but i have $15 left on a three year old gift card i want to use up

Oh my gosh I didn't realize it's just for reward members. The coupon does not say. I'm stuck with Best Buy for most of my Apple purchases since the nearest Apple retail store is too distant and no other retailer around has all the Apple products. I'm the type of guy who likes to see the product before I purchase; therefore, I avoid ordering online when possible.

MjWoNeR

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2010
Sweden
Just ordered mine from Komplett.se if there are any Swedes that are interested. They have the Airpods 20% off just for the weekend. I decided to grab them and not wait for black Friday.

Reactions: pdxmatts

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Good luck with the deal hunting, but I can tell you they're worth every cent of RRP.

I was skeptical about AirPods mainly because I wondered how they'd fit in my ears and whether or not they'd stay in. I agree with your comment, they're worth every cent. This is one of those rare items Apple created that is not way overpriced and offers tremendous value. I mean consider that sport watch bands are $50USD by comparison.

Oh my gosh I didn't realize it's just for reward members. The coupon does not say. I'm stuck with Best Buy for most of my Apple purchases since the nearest Apple retail store is too distant and no other retailer around has all the Apple products. I'm the type of guy who likes to see the product before I purchase; therefore, I avoid ordering online when possible.

I did the same, although I ordered them from Best Buy, shipped to my door in 2 days. Nearest Apple store is further than the nearest Best Buy. When I purchased the AirPods, I used a $15 credit so that knocked the price down. If you use their credit card you can get 0% interest on some items or opt for greater reward points while ensuring you're getting the genuine product.

Last edited:

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
It says it has the W1 Chip. Isn't that Apple patented? Does it really have the chip?

If anyone wants a great deal on Airpods and report back (even though it's sketchy), please report back! Strange how it is not sold out already.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008

i did use that coupon today in store with no issues despite not being a rewards member...they did ask as part of the usual transaction if i was a member and i just said no and they didnt care

praterkeith

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2005
Montgomery, AL
You can wait until Black Friday but I doubt you'll find much of a deal on them. They're in high demand so grab some before the holidays if you can.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
I suppose if you have an older iPhone/iPad just sitting in a drawer, you could trade it in at Apple and use the credit towards the AirPods

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.