what is a good dvd/meg/mp4..ect converter?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PACMAC, May 5, 2008.

1. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

hi,

im looking to convert my movies thats been converted by my pc already it was converted for my psp and i want to convert it to my iphone/classic and also rip my dvds so i can view it on my iphone/classic..i tried the VISUALHUB and works great but it was a trail..is that a good one? it converts most all formated movies to iphone ipods ect..but i notice that m y macbook gets pretty warm..

also how about ripping thoes dvds with special features were when you wacth it on the T.V and you can select extra features will that be cut off when ripping the DVD? just rips it from when the movies starts?

thansk lots

2. darthmullet macrumors member

i use visual hub for most of my video conversion.

Visual hub is by far the best software i've found for converting video files.

If you're just converting to iPod format, though, there is no need whatsoever to pay for visualhub. Use iSquint, http://www.isquint.org/, the free version of visual hub to convert files.

To rip from DVD, however, I use HandBrake, first using MacTheRipper if the dvd has encryption. It's the best dvd to ipod converter out there by far.