What is a good DVD recorder?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by c073186, Jun 17, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I want to be able to put my DVR recordings on a DVD so I am looking to buy a DVD recorder. Does anyone have any experience with good/bad DVD recorders? Does Samsung make any good ones, because I'm sort of partial to Samsung if they have a good one. If not then I'd go with whatever is best.

Thanks

2. steeler macrumors regular

For DVD recorders, I like Panasonic. Take a look at what they have and select the model that best fits your needs/budget.

3. prettymom444 macrumors newbie

Do not buy RCA

I received an RCA DVD recorder (model # DRC80502NB) as a house warming gift 2 months ago. The unit will no longer even turn on. According to their tech support, a board has blown and needs to be replaced. However, because it was gifted to me, they will not honor the warranty. They expect me to pay approximately $150.00 to fix their product. After doing some research, I have found that this is a very common problem with RCA DVD recorders.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I've got the sony dvd/vcr recorder. So you can record VHS, miniDV via firewire, and television to DVD. Although the drawback is that the video in from the the television or cable box is limited to just a RCA cable which is just decent quality.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

We've fiddled around with cheap, PC branded HDD/DVD recorders in the past. But they've mostly been turds with fans and Component output.

Just got a Sony HXD770 a couple of weeks ago and it's an amazing little thing. £199 from Costco, HDMI output and all that kind of nonsense. But best of all is that it's really smooth with the menus and responsiveness.