What is a good Laptop bag/case?

Frozone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
My white MacBook 2.0GHz was ordered last night, and I'm wondering what would be a good case to get. Since I'll be attending University in the fall in downtown Atlanta, Georgia I want something that's not going to be easy to just snatch and run off with. I'm not sure which type is better for this. A regular backpack style, or maybe some type of messenger bag.

Of course, strength in the case is going to be something. I don't want a bag/case that provides no protection at all incase of a drop. And, if possible, I'd like something that looks nice and is "stylish" to match my new sexy MacBook.

Price isn't THAT big of a concern unless it gets into the $100+ range. So, any suggestions? I've checked out Apple's Mobile Gear section, but figured I'd get some input from you guys.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Frozone said:
My white MacBook 2.0GHz was ordered last night, and I'm wondering what would be a good case to get. Since I'll be attending University in the fall in downtown Atlanta, Georgia I want something that's not going to be easy to just snatch and run off with. I'm not sure which type is better for this. A regular backpack style, or maybe some type of messenger bag.

Of course, strength in the case is going to be something. I don't want a bag/case that provides no protection at all incase of a drop. And, if possible, I'd like something that looks nice and is "stylish" to match my new sexy MacBook.

Price isn't THAT big of a concern unless it gets into the $100+ range. So, any suggestions? I've checked out Apple's Mobile Gear section, but figured I'd get some input from you guys.
Since it is a MacBook and you don't necessarily have to worry about denting, check out inCase - they make REALLY nice stuff.

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
I really enjoy my timbuk2. I'm not sure how the size of the MacBook would be in it, though.

I can fit my PowerBook and about 40 pounds of accessories into it.

pinto32

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2003
PA
yes, this is a very common thread topic...I saw two others in the past week, and I am sure that I missed a few. Just do a quick search and you will find all the opinions you could ever want (including my loyalty to Marware). As far as specific bags, I think you'll probably have to wait a few weeks, as this is a new form factor.