General What is a reliable site to check for jailbreak status?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mossme89, May 15, 2016.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

Googling "Jailbreak 9.3", for example, or jailbreak anything, leads to a huge number of fake websites, scams, and malware-infested tools. Any reputable sites are drowned out in the noise. So what are some sites that I can check on a recurring basis for reliable info on whether certain devices on certain OS's can be jailbroken?

I'm trying to find out whether an iPhone 6 on iOS 9.3 can be jailbroken. My results page on Google is entirely made up of fake sites.

2. Chukwe macrumors regular

MacRumors is the place to check for new jailbreak

3. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I have always relied on the MacRumors jailbreak forum or https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak. And to answer your other question, iOS 9.3 cannot be jailbroken at this time on any device. The last jailbreak was from Pangu for iOS 9.1 on 64-bit devices only.

4. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

I'm set to get an iPhone, coming from years of Nexus phones and Samsung ROM'd phones, but I won't without a current Jailbreak. What happened ?

I recall earlier this year, seemed every site out there was saying the next JB would drop shortly after the big 9.3 official release. Well that came and went and still no public Jailbreak release.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're on the right place.
    Macrumors hacks section.
    No fake or scam JB will be posted here to make you click on ads or pay money to JB your device.

6. white4s macrumors 65816

searching 9.3.1 jailbreak and a lil bit of common sense is all you need. maybe it's just me since i'm not gullible but the fake jailbreak sites are pretty obvious to pick out.