Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tootall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
I don't understand what is actually going to iCloud when I backup; the backup sizes are so different from one iOS device to another:

iPhone 4 32 gig = backup size about 300 meg
iPod 3gen 32 gig = backup size about 200 meg
iPad2 64 gig = backup size about 11 gig!!! and incomplete (as if it would require more space)

Why is the backup on the iPad2 so much bigger? all my iOS devices are about more than half full... so the sizes of the backups are really disproportionate, why?

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Settings/iCloud/Storage and Backup/Manage Storage

This shows you whats backed up. You can click on your device name to see exactly what apps are backing up.

tootall

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Settings/iCloud/Storage and Backup/Manage Storage

This shows you whats backed up. You can click on your device name to see exactly what apps are backing up.

Thanks but when I go in preferences/iCloud/Manage/Backup/device name, I don't see any detail even if I double click on the device

Note: the terms in the path above may be a bit different from your computer as I translate them from french

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Thanks but when I go in preferences/iCloud/Manage/Backup/device name, I don't see any detail even if I double click on the device

Note: the terms in the path above may be a bit different from your computer as I translate them from french

I think it will only work once the bakcup is complete

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.