What is an ailing iMac C2D worth?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by abuleban, Mar 3, 2011.

1. abuleban, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

abuleban macrumors member

Here's the deal, my friend has an old imac, specs as follows

CD2 2.33
    4MB cache
    3GB RAM
    bus speed: 667 MHz

There's some issues with the video card, at the least, and some other issues I believe. From what I've seen, used G4 imacs go for 100-250 or so, recent aluminum ones around 700, and the white CD2 ones somewhere in between.

So with its issues, what would my friend's be worth?

thanks!
    :D

Attached Files:

• imac.jpg
      imac.jpg
      File size:
      17.3 KB
      Views:
  2. axu539 macrumors 6502a

I'd pay maybe $200 for it, tops. If the GPU is crapping out, it could be signs of a logic board failure, in which case, it'd cost you $500 to fix/replace. It's probably a good idea to stay away from it though, unless you want to shell out $100-$200 just for a fun dissection project of an older Mac, or maybe try to harvest it for parts.

3. simsaladimbamba

www.mac2sell.net or eBay (Việt Nam, Türkiye, Česká republika, Hanguk) might be good price checkers.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Minor_Problems

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules#General_Rules

4. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

with broken parts like gpu and other little flaws .. worth nothing ,despite there are people out there who just bid on anything with a apple on , so you still could get 500 for it , just dont tell them how much it cost to replace , always tell them the word cheap or very cheap when it comes to replacing parts and mention the word bargain as often as you can , people who look for Mac's believe everything :rolleyes: