What is Apple doing with all that money?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by UBS28, Jun 4, 2018.

1. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

It cannot take them more than a year just to design a keyboard that functions. So why the delay of the 2018 MBP?

2. firewire9000 macrumors regular

3. TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

I imagine Tim is doing something like this right now:
    upload_2018-6-4_19-59-7.png

4. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

The keyboards now function.

They are building and designing it. Some people really think this kind of work is easy. I don't get the mentality.

5. jerryk macrumors 601

They use that money to send me a big quarterly dividend check. That I plow back into more shares of Apple!

6. Jethro! macrumors regular

They're spending the big bux trying to figure out how to make the next "pro" laptop 2 nanometers thinner and sell you a machine with no ports but costs $1,000 more.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Trying to become the first Trillion dollar company. Once they reach that then maybe they’ll start using some of their money to innovate again

8. Pangalactic macrumors 6502

Pangalactic

Explanation:

[​IMG]

Under Timmy, Apple turned from a visionary company into a for-profit business. What generates the most profit gets the most attention.

Imagine this as your working day - out of your 8 hours every day you spend around 6 hours working on the iPhone and around 40 minutes working on Macs (ALL Macs - including MBP, iMac, MBair, MB, Mac Pro and iMac Pro, so considering these five categories you would probably spend around 8 minutes a day on the MBP).

8. Minutes. A day.

So when is that keyboard coming? :D

9. jerryk macrumors 601

Interesting analysis. And we should not forget that Apple seem to think that IOS is their future OS for laptops. They keep talking about a machine running an Apple processor in an even lighter 2-in-1 form factor, and getting away from Intel.

10. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Probably coming along with the Mac Pro refresh in 2019.

11. Glmnet1 macrumors 6502a

I never heard Apple talking about a 2-in-1 or even running a laptop with an A chip. There are rumours about the latter but that's it.

Also, getting away from Intel and using iOS on laptops is 2 very different things. In today's keynote they even mentioned that they have no intentions to merge iOS and macOS. A laptop running iOS would be less portable than an iPad and less powerful/versatile than a MacBook...