What is Apple gonna do ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, May 26, 2009.

?

When is the next update to the MacBook/Pro/Air notebooks?

1. Before WWDC

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. During WWDC

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. within two weeks of WWDC

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. this fall, Sept/Oct

40 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Do you think Apple will hold off and not update any of the MacBook line until the fall ... OR ... will we see an update before, say between now and within a few weeks after WWDC?

If you go by history and look in the Buyers Guide the whole MacBook line is due for some kind of update ... minor perhaps, but something?

2. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

3. John89 macrumors regular

4. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

5. edblor macrumors regular

I think the Search button needs to double in size. So many new threads about the same thing these days.

Oy!

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I think that the button that says "Post New Thread" needs to link to the search feature.

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

It does, though it's a small text link. Nice to see it's gone to
    "Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle"

Probably good to link to the largest thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=690178&page=11

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wait, there's a search button :D

Seriously other then seeing this question in any form weekly and as we get closer to WWDC, the frequency will increase to daily, I'm sure. I just don't see apple doing anything that's non-iPhone related during WWDC - other then Snow Leopard that is

Besides what are they going to update? There's no much to update expect a small speed bump or a larger HD. Once Clarksfield hits the streets then we can talk about an update.

9. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

How bout getting locked out of MR for a week every time you post an easily search able item? Maybe Newbies can be exempt for like the first 10 posts or something.

10. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I haven't been a member that long, I'm just wondering, do people post this question so many times on here for every time Apple does the WWDC or Macworld?

11. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

ive been on here for less than a year, and yes. Everytime there is an apple conference or wutever, there is a thousand "should i wait to buy?" threads, or "what do you think they will do with blank"

12. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

You know it is also possible that people could just not click on these repetitive threads, or a moderator could delete them all together. Perhaps that might be a more efficient way of doing things. Rather than a bunch of people trying to embarrass a poster who simply asked a question, yes a familiar one, but still just a question, and of all places on a discussion form. WOW!

It's not like anyone is making you click on these threads or even log on to MacRumors forums to begin with. I am so tired of so many people acting like it is such an inconvenience for them to have to click on a thread. You know what, then don't come here and don't click on the thread then. If it bothers you so much just ignore the repetitive threads and move on. For people who are supposed to be doing so many great and creative things with their macs they sure seem to spend a lot of time on a discussion forum reading repetitive threads and then telling the thread starter what an idiot they are.

The mods are the only ones who have any power or control to do anything. So they should just delete the thread or lock it.

I guess what I am saying is way to make folks feel welcome on a discussion forum. You know I m surprised that anyone comes back to this website at all, after some of the comments that are posted on here over and over again.

13. santos79 macrumors regular

You and the other Nazis on this forum: SO WHAT if the question has been asked before? If it bores you then don't read it. Simple as that.

14. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

This is starting to look and sound more and more like a Windows/PC forum :D

15. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Wouldn't work with an exemption, because newbies are the ones that don't know about Mroogle or, apparently, Google.

Yes, a mod could delete them. But providing helpful links to existing threads on the same or closely related subjects is just as helpful.

Agreed. That's why it's frowned upon to post a reply such as "Why don't use just search!?? GOD." Provide links, or don't reply at all.

While some people are bothered, it's the whole "give a man a fish and feed him for a meal / give a man a fishing pole and feed him for life" mentality. Searching the forums or just googling a subject to begin with is much more advantageous to the would-be poster, as it will, in probably 95-99% of cases, get them an answer or solution to their problem immediately rather than having to wait for a reply.

Nobody is under any obligation to read a thread, but neither is anyone under an obligation to make someone "feel welcome." Trying to make people feel welcome on the internet is a Sisyphean task.

Many reasons. Database space, forum clutter, and time required to solve a problem to name a few. It's rarely a matter of being bored.