What is Apple up to with Activation/Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nebo1ss, Aug 18, 2010.

1. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

My phone is JB and UL with ultrasnow. Originally activated with ATT pay and go card but have been using T-Mobile since ultrasn0w was released. I am on itunes 9.2.1 and this morning I purchased an app from the apple store on the phone and there was a new agreement to accept before you could purchase.

Well anyway the app downloaded without a problem but I just plugged my phone into Itunes to Sync and Itunes came up with an error saying it did not recognize the SIM and that I should contact an authorized carrier and I could not sync with Itunes. I also had no service on the phone but no other errors.. This phone was synced with Itunes yesterday without a problem.

I unplugged the phone launched Cydia and ran the Hactivation patch from the pushfix.info repo and that resolved the problem. Not sure why this suddenly happened today and wonder if it is related to the app download or the new agreement.

It will be interested to see if anyone else with unlock experience this.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I can tell you that has nothing to do with the new agreement, since it was just a change on the wording to add the "bulk" app purchases for education.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Agreed, people see an Apple conspiracy behind every tree.

4. nebo1ss thread starter macrumors 68030

Well it turns out I am not okay. While Itunes sees the phone and Syncs ok I cannot make phone calls. I had to go out in the car for a drive to double check because at the best of times i get lousy service here. I also have an active pay and go ATT SIM which I just put in the phone and rebooted and that is not working either.

I did the Comm centre patch about two weeks ago and have the old one will try putting that back if it does not work will probably have to restore to 4.0.1.