What is apples policys on BTO systems?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JSmoove05, Jul 22, 2011.

1. JSmoove05 macrumors 6502

I recently bought a 27" imac bto 3.4 i7 256+1tb system and I was in a rush when i placed the order I did not realize I could pick the track pad over the magic mouse which I hate. Is there a way I can swap this out because I would never use the mouse or what about if theres a problem with the system or something is there a return policy on this?

2. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

Just give customer service a call-they are very helpful. I also ordered a BTO iMac and ended up ordering the track pad but my wife just didn't like it. I called Apple customer service and they were very kind and sent me a magic mouse within two business day. They seem to treat their customers well.

3. JSmoove05 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. fivedots macrumors 6502a

Just call. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for them to change the order if they can in fact do this for you.

5. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sent it for free?

6. Dresevski macrumors 6502

Returns must be shipped back, cannot be made in-store. You may or may not get lucky on the phone with a rep. You could always just sell the mouse and buy a trackpad. I didn't order the trackpad then got worried about using the mouse but now I'm very comfortable with the mouse. I was fortunate to acquire a trackpad through work but the mouse remains much faster for quick clicking