What is Apples Position When....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Scazza, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Scazza macrumors member

I bought a MacBook Pro under a month before they announced and released the updated MacBook Pro's?

As I bought the 2.16GHz / 1GB RAM / 120GB HDD towards the end of April/Early May from my local PC World and then within the next couple of weeks they announced the upgraded MacBook Pro's with 2.2GHz / 2GB ect....

Now I don't know if I am entitiled to anything but I have heard that if you bought an Apple Computer and Apple then updates the line within a month of your purchase you are entitled to have the newer version?

May sound dumb but I have always wondered, hoping some one here can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Scazza

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Apple has a 14 day return policy and you purchased your machine late April/early May. The Macbook Pros were updated on June 5th so unfortunately you are the victim of just unfortunate timing. Keep in mind, your computer is no slouch either.

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i did the same thing as you. i was really quite pissed off. i didnt even realise that they had a 14day warranty thing.

the thing that really pussed me off was that it was only 5days later that the new mbp's came out (i have CD).

bad luck old chap.

4. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Next time, as a warning, check the MacRumors main page for rumors about release dates and whatnot. That's what I did and it kept me waiting for the updates (which are often later than predicted).