What is Apple's Return Policy on iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I am seriously thinking of going back to my 3GS I am having a lot of issues with service on my i4.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Why not just try to get a replacement i4?

3. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I am wondering if they have replacements as I do not want a refurb, i would prefer a new one, but I have to call Apple TS and find out

4. dmx macrumors 6502a

Do you have an apple store nearby?

At this point, all the replacement units are brand new - not in the same box, but they are new. A few months from now they will be refurbs.

I'd try and see if a replacement fixes your problem.

5. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Where on earth do you think they would get a refurbished i4 from? they have been on sale for 2 days...

Even if phones have been returned and sent in to be refurbed, you really think they could actually ship it in to get refurbed and back out in one day?

6. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

They could be refurbs from test units returned, or units from the Apple folks who knows, but if I am to keep this phone I want a brandy new spaking one out of the box just like the one I have in my hand, new never used or opened.

7. vegastime macrumors regular

My receipt shows a 14 day return policy. The actual return by date is listed.

8. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

The current policy is to:
    - turn around
    - bend over
    - wait till they charge the restocking fees and then they'll tell when to wear back the pants.

This whole reception issue has so many of us in a state of returning. But when you return, there is restocking fees involved which SUCKS.

9. MacbookWoo macrumors member

How can they charge a restocking fee when you are returning the phone because of a manufacturers defect?

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Take it back and ask for a brand new iPhone 4. Bring your receipt, box and all accessories and the store manager will give you an iPhone 4 in box and wrapped...

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Except the one you have in your hand is not "never used or opened."

I bet all the units they have are new given it's only been 2 days.

12. aristobrat macrumors G5

If you bring everything back within the return window, they'll give you a new one.

If you wait until the return window is over, you'll have to go thru the Genius Bar and may/may not get a new one.

The return policy is printed clearly on the receipt, if you bought it from an Apple Store.

13. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

14. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

You have a full 30 days to return it to Apple if it was purchased for use with AT&T here in the US. AT&T's return policy which allows you to undo your contract and basically return a phone is 30 days, so this is the ONLY exception to Apple's normal 14-day policy. 10% restock fee will apply unless the phone is proven defective or basically an issue beyond your control. Buyers remorse would not qualify obviously...

I'm thinking with all the stuff going on, returning the phone for reception issues is gonna get the restock fee waived.

15. aristobrat macrumors G5

Check the receipt. If there is a return fee, it will be listed - the last date you can return it, plus the fee.

For the 3G and 3GS purchased from an Apple Retail Store, there wasn't a return fee. Don't know if this changed for the iPhone 4.

Another random fact: Bose products purchased from Apple Retail Stores also have a 30 day return window.

16. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

After 14 days

if you gonna return, get off the comp and do it

17. phiberglass macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

You have 14 days I believe.

I already returned my iPhone for a new iPhone 4. I can confirm that there are no refurbs. Apple has shipped replacement units that are BRAND NEW in single boxes with no accessories. They will just give you one of those.

18. don pianta macrumors regular

my friend bought an iPhone 3GS about two weeks ago for $99 and he just went into the apple store today and told them that he wouldnt have bought the 3GS had he known there was going to be a new one coming out so soon. They told him to come back (next) friday to swap phones. FREE OF CHARGE.

he's getting an iphone 4 for basically $99

19. corduroy73 macrumors member

Anyone know what ATT premiers return policy is? # of days and restocking fee (in California)?

20. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

I called them yesterday. You have 30 days to return. 10% restocking fee (in this case I am sure you can push it) and they assured the upgrade date gets reset and upgrade fees refunded.

Just take it to any official AT&T store. I am going back to my 3Gs Monday (unless apple pulls out a miracle fix).