What is Balance Diet.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Darion15, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Darion15 macrumors newbie

My weight is over 145 lbs and i eat much but now i want to loss my weight. Please tell me some balance diet which i control my weight.

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

you can't look at it as a diet. diets have ends and that's why they fail. you have to look at it as a lifestyle change for the long haul. I'd suggest using a calorie tracking website like myfitnesspal.com for a couple months. This will really help you to understand the basics of what's going in your body and what you're getting out of it. I'd recommend some sort of strength or cardio training as well. You don't need an expensive gym membership. Just get outside and walk/bike/run or crawl. it doesn't matter. Just elevate your heart rate for an hour a day. It will do wonders. Use the calorie website to watch your intake and keep it around 1600-2000 depending on your exercise levels.

You can still eat some bad stuff but you'll be amazed at how quickly they add up. Once you understand how many calories you need to eat every day and have a good plan for that focus on other aspects of your diet. Cut out your refined sugars. No soda. I know fruit has sugar but these generally don't count. That doesn't mean eat a bag of apples because you like sweet stuff. That means look at how much sugar is in everything you eat and cut out the big ones. You shouldn't have any trouble staying below 40 grams of sugar in a day. I've had days with under 20 and it really helps a lot.

Don't get hung up on fat content. Your body needs fat. What it doesn't need is saturated fat. Eat almonds and drink water when you feel hungry. Almost all nuts have high levels of unsaturated fats that are extremely good for you and will help you reduce your body fat. Check the label for these unsaturated fats. More is good here. You'll get a little saturated fat along with it. That's ok. You don't want the saturated fat in greasy foods like chips, pizza, and other foods. Stay away from that.

Remember every day that you're doing this to be healthy. If you look at it as a solution to your weight that will end with you reverting back to your old ways you may as well not even start. It takes time to lose weight the healthy way and while some people can drop 60 pounds in a few months they'll gain it back just as easily. Focus on losing 2-4 pounds per week by exercise and proper diet and you'll be on the right track to a healthy life.

Good luck

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

A balanced diet is eating a lot of the stuff you hate eating and eating a lot less of the stuff you love eating.

I have no idea what a balanced diet is since my breakfast, lunch and dinner contains at least one dead animal smothered in cheese....and sometimes with onions.