What is better for iMac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Serban, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Serban Suspended

Apple wireless keyboard? or the wired one?

I mean is any delay or something between them?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No delay. It's primarily a matter of personal preference.

3. cxc273 macrumors regular

The wired keyboard gives you the numerical pad along with two USB 2.0 ports on either end. These are not available on the wireless version.

Beyond that, they work exactly the same.

4. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I have used both and never noticed any lag. The communications is faster than my typing. I prefer the wired so I have a USB port at hand, a numerical pad, and the forward delete key.

5. davidra macrumors 6502

Exactly. I used the wireless when I first got my new iMac, then bought a wired one. It's much better for me. The lack of a numerical pad and delete key were a PITA.

6. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

But the wires clutter things up. I've been using a wireless keyboard, or MacBook's builtin keyboard, for like 10 years.

You have to deal with batteries. Again, personal preference. Just throwing that out for the wireless models.

7. tangfj macrumors member

I have the Logitech solar keyboard for mac (in black) and it's awesome so far. No need for batteries, wireless, and has a numeric keypad. It charges off of ambient light in my office. There isn't too much natural light in my room and the keyboard stays charged. Nice!