What is currently the best performing SSD on the market?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacsOnAnabolics, Nov 17, 2010.

1. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

I am curious as to what is the general consensus on the best performing SSD for the MacBook Pro to date. Which SSD outperforms the rest of the lot? I have heard many opinions, read many reviews, still not completely sure which is the best.
    I plan to upgrade my MBP with the best solution SSD. Please feel free to let me know what I might be overlooking.

Much Appreciated!

2. Thomsen macrumors newbie

There's a lot of people recommending the OWC. Unfortunately here in Europe they are harder to come by. From what I've read that's the closest you get to consensus online.
    I've recently installed an OCZ Vertex 2 after reading LOTS of reviews and posts here in this forum. It's working great so far and it's super fast. Only problem is that the firmware can't be updated on a mac. You need a windows PC to do that. It was 1.22 when I got it and 1.23 is already out. But so far there's not the slightest problem so I'm happy.

3. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I was thinking of this one, but which one did you get, I figured this is good enough for a Boot drive, then use a Seagate Hybrid 500GB for an external iTunes drive.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6371305&CatId=5300

But I am not sure what benefit you get from constantly updating the firmeware, and it would be a pain to pull it out and hook it up to a PC just to update it.

4. WelshBluebird macrumors regular

I'm assuming if you use bootcamp to run Windows then you can update the firmware from there?