Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AllergyDoc

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2013
Utah, USA
Can anyone comment on Spigen vs. Ringke and which clear case might work best for Jet Black?
I had a Spign bumper case for my 6+. It cracked and I threw it away. It was nice looking, though. I had a Ringke for the 6+, too, and it held up great. It was clear and needed frequent cleaning; dust, etc. I've got a Ringke and a cheapo off eBay come in for my 7+ Jet Black.

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
They have an official Spigen store on eBay owned but the Spigen company themselves. As long as the products are ordered through them they will be 100% authentic. They have an official Amazon store as well.
[doublepost=1473444850][/doublepost]

Yup that's where I purchased my my 7+ tough armor case earlier today and others. 1 time I bought a spigen case on eBay from another seller and BOOM it was a knockoff.

DarkExistence

Suspended
Aug 11, 2016
I got the Orzly fusion bumper. Was on sale and they are having a 50% off with amazon atm using the code ORZLY50D so it gets you half off the discount :D Well worth it! Just uploaded a video of the cases which arrived today :D

MaxBga

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2015
France
I was thinking about this also, but then I read a couple of reviews for the 6/6S model and some weren't great... Has anyone owned this Otterbox model for the 6 or 6S who can comment?

I did, scratch magnet. But it looked really good.. But the lip it has on the front wasn't enough for me (really small). But eh, still more protective than Apple ones..
[doublepost=1473450570][/doublepost]I saw that xDoria made some cases for the 7 models (check their website). I ordered two of their defense models on Amazon (owned four of them for my 6S plus & loved em) since I wasn't able to get the Otterbox statement series on Apple's website.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    531.2 KB · Views: 148

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
I did, scratch magnet. But it looked really good.. But the lip it has on the front wasn't enough for me (really small). But eh, still more protective than Apple ones..
[doublepost=1473450570][/doublepost]I saw that xDoria made some cases for the 7 models (check their website). I ordered two of their defense models on Amazon (owned four of them for my 6S plus & loved em) since I wasn't able to get the Otterbox statement series on Apple's website.

Why weren't you able to order the Otter on Apple's website? I just ordered one now. Thanks for the review by the way!

MaxBga

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2015
France
Why weren't you able to order the Otter on Apple's website? I just ordered one now. Thanks for the review by the way!

No pb! Well when I was ordering my phone this morning it wasn't available so I just ordered the phone (I order on the french store, so maybe..). But it's okay I ordered other ones instead :)

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
I bought the Tech21 Evo Mesh cash for my 7 Plus, but the cool new black/white version that is apparently exclusive to the Apple Store. I have one on my 6S right now and I love it. However, there's also a really cool Otterbox exclusive on the Apple Store that has a clear back with leather on the bottom half/quarter of the phone that looks really nice. I was contemplating that one, but went with the EvoMesh.

Will be getting the same case as its £10 cheaper than the Apple case and offers more protection and not bad looking either, probably pick one up from the store when get my 7+ (up to 6 weeks it says) delivered.

Tekzilla

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Shoreham, NY
I'm likely going to order the Saddle Brown Apple Leather case for my Gold 7+. Thought about Tan since it might match the gold better, but I like the look of the Saddle Brown leather more.

Thoughts?

iSkipTheS's

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2014
I ordered the iPhone 7 Plus Black Silicon case.

EDIT: Just ordered this one as well to show off the Jet Black color. At $10.99 there really isn't much to lose.

Thanks for the link. I might do the clear Ringke Fusion as well for my JB 7+ to tide me over for a while. At $10.99 on Amazon it's a good deal. I did the same for my 6+.

Elektrofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2010
I wonder if Apple's silicon case will be less sticky this year. I love the look of the case but it was impossible to get it out of my pocket.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Apple Saddle Brown leather case for me with a red silicon one for when i'm on the bike or running.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
I'm leaning toward another tech 21 like I have on my 6. Unless someone has better suggestions for a thin protective case

Resident Guru

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I ordered a Ringke Fusion Crystal Clear. Hopefully it will be enough for the 7+ Jet Black.

This is a great case. I've been using it on my 6s Plus for the last several months and it hasn't yellowed like my old Spigen case did. The scratch resistance has also been great as well. Great drop protection as I have dropped it several times with no damage.

Reactions: AllergyDoc

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
I've got a Vaja ordered. Used to do the apple cases, but found these to be worth the extra money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.