Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loskickking23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
I wanted to know what is firefox....What's the diffrence between firefox and safari.....My reason for asking is I just got the 3g unrestrictor and it has safari but no firefox....Will it still work

moka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

It's a fox on fire!

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
looks evil

this is what I found with Google scary! :eek: btw I do use firefox for my pc thinking about going to a Mini Cube but just not sure yet!

Foxfire.jpg

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Firefox = a nice backup browser by Mozilla for your desktops and laptops/notebooks. The only browser that works with the iPhone is Safari at present, as the other posters have mentioned...
If im not mistaken awhile back a firefox app slipped through into the app store. As a matter of fact someone on MR had it. But it was pulled quickly thereafter.

BMac702

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
If im not mistaken awhile back a firefox app slipped through into the app store. As a matter of fact someone on MR had it. But it was pulled quickly thereafter.

I really dont think so but i could be wrong.

Anywho, Firefox is the best browser out there. DL it. Firefox >

loskickking23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Firefox = a nice backup browser by Mozilla for your desktops and laptops/notebooks. The only browser that works with the iPhone is Safari at present, as the other posters have mentioned...
Thanks....I thought I posted this in the iPhone hacks forum..Lol..

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
I wanted to know what is firefox....What's the diffrence between firefox and safari.....My reason for asking is I just got the 3g unrestrictor and it has safari but no firefox....Will it still work

Seriously, is Macrumors your only source of info? Geeez :rolleyes:

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA

That was Netshare...A lot of people had it, but it was pulled once The Big Men discovered it allowed Tethering.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
None in the app store. Even in the JB community the best we have available come in the form of icons that can replace the Safari icon or nine other icons that replace the 3G icon in the status bar.....:(

I've gotten at least two browsers from the App Store. I just bought the Oceania
browser, which isn't bad for $0.99.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.