Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

susan12369

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
I got my new 6S+ this morning and restored from backup. It's still updating my photos, and will then upgrade the sw, but in the meantime I'm noticing an app called GarageBand showing up on my screen. Never heard of this, never downloaded it, anyone know why it's showing up or what it is?

fanta88

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
It's a music composition app from Apple. You can create your own songs/tunes. If you don't need it, just delete it -- I delete it from my devices because I have no use for it and it takes up a good amount of space.

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
I got my new 6S+ this morning and restored from backup. It's still updating my photos, and will then upgrade the sw, but in the meantime I'm noticing an app called GarageBand showing up on my screen. Never heard of this, never downloaded it, anyone know why it's showing up or what it is?
An Apple app for creating music. It's free for all current iOS users, and there is probably a setting somewhere to auto download it.

fanta88 beat me to it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.