Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chattahoochee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Palmetto Florida
Launch Finder and click Go > Go to Folder and type: /Library or ~/Library
Hold the Option key while clicking the Go menu item, which reveals your ~/Library folder in the menu.
Make it permanently visible by entering the following command in Terminal, then press the Enter key:

Note above, I still cannot locate "Go To".

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Launch Finder and click Go > Go to Folder and type: /Library or ~/Library
Hold the Option key while clicking the Go menu item, which reveals your ~/Library folder in the menu.
Make it permanently visible by entering the following command in Terminal, then press the Enter key:

Note above, I still cannot locate "Go To".

What version of OS X are you running? What happens if you press Shift-Command-G in Finder? You might try deleting the following, then relaunching Finder:
/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist​

chattahoochee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Palmetto Florida
I am running Lion OS X 10 7.4
When I use Shift-Command-G in Finder it brings up "Go To Folder" I type in: /"Library", 60 folders come up. Where do I look for the "Insecure Startup Item ? Also, what key is "Go To" ?

chattahoochee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Palmetto Florida
Using "Repair Disc Permissions" I receive the following:

Repairing permissions for “Lion OSX”
Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.
Permissions differ on “usr/lib/ruby”; should be lrwxr-xr-x ; they are drwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/lib/ruby”

Can I do anything about this ?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I am running Lion OS X 10 7.4
When I use Shift-Command-G in Finder it brings up "Go To Folder" I type in: /"Library", 60 folders come up. Where do I look for the "Insecure Startup Item ? Also, what key is "Go To" ?

Open Finder then hit shift-command-g (all three keys at once). That will popup the Go to box. Then copy/paste in the path below.

Code:
/Library/StartupItems

Give this a read also.

Using "Repair Disc Permissions" I receive the following:

Repairing permissions for “Lion OSX”
Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.
Permissions differ on “usr/lib/ruby”; should be lrwxr-xr-x ; they are drwxr-xr-x .
Repaired “usr/lib/ruby”

Can I do anything about this ?

You can ignore it. There are some permissions errors like that that persist and do no harm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.