what is going on now with my mail

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TinyDee, Jan 7, 2011.

1. TinyDee macrumors member

When in mail, I was perfectly happy with all of my accounts shown, all of my folders and the ability to look at "all mail" which now has disappeared. I have the inbox, sent but the All Mail has gone away and the folders I created. What gives?

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

is this a gmail IMAP account? (or any other IMAP account)

3. TinyDee thread starter macrumors member

Gmail is the primary, not sure I understand all there is to know about all of the gmail things in mail

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

so are you saying it looks something like this??

[​IMG]

5. TinyDee thread starter macrumors member

No, now I do not have all mail, important or my stuff. Like I said, folders I created are not there either. I am sure they are there, somewhere but must have done something to move them, hide them or whatever.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

ok, thats a pickle. would you mind logging onto the gmail.google.com server and seeing if the emails are still there?

because if they are still there - then you can probs delete the account from the computer, and re-add it and be sweet to go :)

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Based on this image, the mail account setup isn't complete. It should look like this, with your special folders added:
    ScreenCap 1.PNG
    To finish the setup:

Highlight [Gmail] Sent Mail in the sidebar and select Mailbox (menu bar) > Use This Mailbox For > Sent.
    Highlight [Gmail] Drafts in the sidebar and select Mailbox (menu bar) > Use This Mailbox For > Drafts
    Highlight [Gmail] Trash in the sidebar and select Mailbox (menu bar) > Use This Mailbox For > Trash
    Highlight [Gmail] Spam in the sidebar and select Mailbox (menu bar) > Use This Mailbox For > Junk

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

that was just my own personal one - thats how it configured itself i guess.

wasnt aware you could change the IMAP settings - thanks!

9. TinyDee thread starter macrumors member

I will try all things.I am really curious about where my folders went I created...