What is going on with my iChat??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Caralvarez24, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Caralvarez24 macrumors regular

The last 3 times (all this afternoon) that I have tried to log into my iChat it will just sign on/ off really quickly until I get a msg saying that I have had too much activity in too short a time or that I have tried to sign on too many times in such a short period. Both tell me to try later. I have rebooted once with no change. Any idea to whats going on?

EDIT: I believe now that it is only happening when I am logged into the network at my house. At my girlfriend's apartment where I am now it logged in ok. I recently changed my wireless network to include a PW is there any way this could be interfering?

2. akura2 macrumors newbie

same here.. I haven't tried at home yet... but when I sign on here at work, my iChat blinks off and on really quickly several times, then it tells me I've logged on too many tames and I have to wait.... and the once or twice I actually DID get on... I can't see my online buddy list... if I activate my offline buddy list, it shows... just not the online one..... I haven't made any changes on my work network and it used to work fine...

help

3. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

my sister just told me she has this same problem, someone please help!!

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

May be an iChat issue, but sounds to me like it's AIM. Are you logged in with an AIM name or your .mac address name? This will be useful information to collect to see where the problem lies.
    Seems I can log in from my phone ok over edge using the free AIM app.

5. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

my sister uses aim. but i also use aim and have the same version of ichat and leopard as she does and ive never had this problem.

6. candybabe1012 macrumors newbie

same

I just upgraded to Leapord last night and i have been having the same problem this afternoon too... i never had it do this with tiger.... i dont know how to make it stop but its really annoying!

7. DubOverdose macrumors member

Anyone have a solution to this? It only happens on iChat for me, Adium signs me on no problem.

8. akura2 macrumors newbie

my problem is fixed... I followed the directions on how to find and remove the ichat plist files, now my iChat works fine...

9. DubOverdose macrumors member

Fixed mine. Also, when I used a different screen name before, I didn't have the problem. It just messed up one account.