Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shunpike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Oxford, UK
Personally I don't like the Zune, however since it has been getting loads of bad press here, should we make a proper list of what is good about it??

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
i thought it was wireless sharing? :rolleyes: :confused:

Well yes, but the official Microsoft-coined term for the actual act of sending a picture or song to another Zune user is, indeed, "squirt."

As in, I would use the wireless sharing feature of my Zune to "squirt" you a picture.

All I have to say is... LOL. :D

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
I actually got to play around with one they had on display at gamestop. It does look bad, but not that bad. IMO it does not have that "sexy" look the ipod has, and it seems much bigger. I guess the only good thing it has, is its large screen...but I'm sure the new ipod coming out is going to demolish it.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
so many posts, the good about Zune? easy
1. large screen
2. Wi-Fi
3. Build-in FM radio

just ask yourself how good you will feel if iPod would have those, lol, funny? not really

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
A large screen that's the same resolution as the iPod's? Not exciting.

WiFi sharing is a non-feature. MAYBE if you could buy music from the device itself it'd be cool, but as of now it's pretty stupid.

FM radio is the ****ing REASON I bought an iPod—it blows. I want to listen to my own music, in my own order, not the same 10 songs over and over again every hour. :mad:

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006

WiFi sharing is a non-feature. MAYBE if you could buy music from the device itself it'd be cool, but as of now it's pretty stupid.

FM radio is the ****ing REASON I bought an iPod—it blows. I want to listen to my own music, in my own order, not the same 10 songs over and over again every hour. :mad:

typical, any new thing that iPod doesn't have is "useless, not important", lol, whatever.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland

WiFi sharing WOULD be a feature if it were in iPods and wouldn't be so restrictive (if you could resend for example). Microsoft just doesn't have the market to push it.

Imagine you could resend a song, how fast songs would spread... awesome possibilities for marketing tunes. Just let them expire after a set date and you don't have any problems.

robPOD

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
NZ
omfg this section is for ipods and itunes not F***ING Zunes. go post ur **** somewhere else

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
The rubberized texture sounds quite nice. But brown? :confused:

Does it have an FM Radio built in? That's quite cool.

That's pretty much it though.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
typical, any new thing that iPod doesn't have is "useless, not important", lol, whatever.

What's new about a same resolution screen and radio?

Other devices have had this in the past and it has been proven that these are non-factors.

WiFi on the other hand COULD be great. Just read my post above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.