What is good speakers for macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by italiano40, Sep 8, 2008.

1. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

i am in a dorm and what is good speakers that are reasonably price

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Wireless Headphones

Getting speakers will just get you disliked for being loud and obnoxious about being loud.

3. Xavier macrumors 68020

I enjoyed my JBL Creatrures, but I have since upgraded to Swan M10's

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Seriously, what is wrong with you people.

You are a one year member, have an avatar and you cannot seem to adhere to one of the simplest rules/pet peeves.

Use the search feature; or in the case use your eyes.

This thread is literally on the same page; and is identical (minus the MacBook part.) Someone is looking for dorm speakers, one hundred and fifty dollar price range.

I know I sound very pissy, but in all honesty, this is just the most classic example of flooding boards.

With that said, if you have any specific question, I'd be happy to use my knowledge after owning 10 pairs of computer speakers and eight pairs of monitors - however, copying and pasting doesn't accomplish much.

With that said:
    1. Swan M10(/12) - best, if you can find them
    2. Creative Gigaworks T40 - small
    3. M-Audio (lower end monitors; however, the price jumps to the $250 range, at that point some actual monitors would make more sense)

Bose and Logitech aren't bad options, you can just do better for the money (most the time.)

Obviously, if you want a audiophile set-up, change the thread tag and we can go from there.

5. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

6. italiano40 thread starter macrumors 65816

italiano40

that why i put i live in a dorm so the speakers would be loud enough for me but not for everyone around me

i know i have been here for a long time and i did use the search but i din't find what i was looking for in the search

thank you

thank you

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

What didn't you find? The other thread got pretty indepth, and it seems like it would fit your needs:

It would be a lot of help, to those like me that would like to help, if you asked more questions

8. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i have a logitech R-20 and its a 2.1 system (2 speakers 1 bass) and it works perfectly with my macbook.
    just a tip since the macbook only has a headphone port its best to get "powered speakers" meaning the ones that you have to plug into a power source. or one that allows volume conrol on the speakers. for those tend to be powered via the cord. so yea any "powered speakers" are the best choice for macbooks because of the headphone port.