What is happening with iOS Maps?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by AeroUK, Nov 5, 2012.

1. AeroUK macrumors 6502

I do not understand why Google employees are allegedly saying today that the official Google maps app will not be approved by Apple. There are already apps on the store that use Google Maps API's, dispute not being promoted in the 'mapping' section. 'Maps+' is a great example although it is currently having technical difficulties.

I also know that other apps are being rejected. For example the developer of 'Egg Maps' (www.eggmaps.com) recently told me thet his all was described as being "too similar to Google maps". This app would make for a great mapping and transit solution until Google's app is ready to launch.

Now I would not mind Apple acting this way if they were seemingly making improvements to their own app. While they have made some corrections, there are still websites listing errors that have not been fixed (http://theamazingios6maps.tumblr.com). As well as my own corrections that I have submitted that have not been made in three weeks!

Apple should either throw some of their billions of dollars at their own maps to make them improve quickly or allow Google API's and maps into the App Store.

Right now they are just being selfish.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Why didn't you just join the ongoing discussion?

But I agree, they need to allow people to use Google's API.