What is icloud

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bluebird3, Aug 20, 2014.

1. bluebird3 macrumors regular

And @icloud.com email account?

Is this email account as safe and good as gmail, hotmail etc ?

2. asriznet macrumors regular

https://www.apple.com/icloud/features/

I have not actively use my icloud email account but I do have it because i use iCloud notes to sync with all my apple devices. I'm still using a gmail account as my primary email.

Why is it better than Gmail? if u use any iOS devices, iCloud allows push mail. Gmail awhile ago have push mail features in iOS devices but since then remove.

is it safe? noone can confirmed this. what makes you think gmail or hotmail is safe? :p:p

There's a lot of conspiracy how Google is making use of user's data and supplying it to Governed agencies. I don't know how much truth in that but for the biggest Search Engine Company, I don't see how that's not possible.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I use iCloud Mail for its seamless integration and setup in iOS and OS X. On any other OS it is the same setup as any other account. It just works and that's all I ask. Whether it is better depends on your needs so I recommend you review the link posted above.

4. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Probably safer. Apple don't scan your personal communications in order to target ads at you, like Google do.

And infinitely more secure than POP/IMAP email providers like Network Solutions who don't allow your login credentials to be sent over a secure channel. Hint: steer clear of public hotspots when using a provider like that.

5. bluebird3 thread starter macrumors regular

I personally think Gmail is evil, or can be evil and Google products are bit confusing for me to use. (Google, Google Plus, Youtube, Gmail, ...)

----------

Had some issue with iCloud email in the last few days, all my message were not shown in my inbox until this evening for some reason. Also... I am still having a problem trying to retrieve password reset eMail from Apple site ( I need to update some softwares). Have you had any problem as such?