what is ilife 11 upgrade dvd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ontariofun, Jan 13, 2014.

1. ontariofun macrumors newbie

Search around everywhere and couldn't find an answer so hopefullly all you wizards on MacRumours can help me.

I'm trying to get a copy of Ilife 11 to upgrade from my ilife 09. Someone is selling a ilife 11 upgraded dvd for cheap. Is this the same as the install dvd or is it different?

Thanks

2. ontariofun thread starter macrumors newbie

3. pdjudd macrumors 601

If it’s the retail copy, it’s the same thing.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

There was never an "upgrade" DVD. Only retail.

5. ontariofun thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm. He took a picture for me and where it normally says install DVD on the retail packages I have seen it says upgrade DVD. He is worried it's not the same thing and doesn't want to sell me an unusable install DVD.

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I am sitting with the retail package of iLife '11 in front of me now and no where on the package does it say upgrade.

MC623Z/A ILIFE 11 RETAIL

This is the product number and name that should be on the packaging.

7. ontariofun thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that is my worry. It says it on the actual DVD. On your dvd where it says install dvd his says upgrade dvd. I haven't ever seen one that says that before. Here is the DVD:
    [​IMG]

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

IIRC, before the App Store, Apple would offer "upgrade DVDs" to people who bought new Macs with a certain period after Mac OS X or iLife was updated.

i.e. the new Mac they bought came preinstalled with the old version, and Apple would either ship them an upgrade DVD, or open the box and actually stick them in for the them when their Mac shipped.

9. ontariofun thread starter macrumors newbie

Makes total sense since that's what the mac os upgrade dvd are. Thanks for the confirmation.