What is "InterfaceLib--SetEmpdyRgn" and where do I get it?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by markjs, May 27, 2007.

1. markjs macrumors member

When I boot into my fresh OS9 install all I get is an error message that tells me it's missing the file "InterfaceLib--SetEmpdyRgn", and the only options it gives are to reboot with the CDROM of OS9 or start without extensions.....I am a mac noob please help!

2. markjs thread starter macrumors member

Oh I forgot to say it also said "Finder" could not start because of this tragedy. The only issue with the install was that it couldn't install airport because I don't have an airport card on my crappy old IMac.

3. markjs thread starter macrumors member

Where are the gurus? I throw one fastball and everyone takes their ball and goes home?

If this was a PC board I'd have several suggestions as to the cause of this issue by now.

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

whoa... a Mac OS 9 question..... :eek:
    No so strange that not many can help you. :D

I'll give it a shot though...
    Can you boot with extensions disabled (boot while pressing and holding the SHIFT-key, until you can read the message "extensions disabled")?
    If so, do that, and then goto your System Folder : Preferences, and remove all prefs to the trash, and then reboot normally.

5. markjs thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't do it.....I jusat wanna use my mac and I can't :(

6. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

will it boot completely with extensions turned off? if not then you must re-install the os i'm afraid. if it will boot with extensions disabled then you get the pleasure of dealing with one of the biggest pains of OS9. You can enable extensions one by one with the extensions manager until you find the one extension that is messing stuff up.. You mentioned this machine doesn't have airport... maybe that is where you would want to start...

7. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

I suggest reinstalling. Also, if the HDD has ever had OSX on it, it may require "blessing". Google "bless mac os 9" and look for either forum posts about it or an Apple help doc.

8. markjs thread starter macrumors member

Oh I just forgot to say I figured it was because the install disk was for a machine with "airport" and that was exactly the problem for anyone else with the issue. Crazy thing is just about then I ended up finding the memory to be bale to run OSX so all the hair pulling was for nothing.