What is iphone return policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbg232, Jun 11, 2010.

1. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

I'm a potentially new switcher from verizon->AT&T to get an iphone. Have a question about the return policy though:

My wife and I live in Manhattan which has good service; however, we frequently visit her parents who live in a more rural area in Massachusetts. I plan on bringing the phone up there the weekend after it is released to test out the service. My question is if there isn't service in the area (or just poor service), what are my return options? Will there be any return fees?

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I am not completely sure, but you most likely will have to pay a restocking fee.

I understand that you visit Massachusetts a lot, but I would not make this a sole decision in whether or not to keep the iPhone. I am sure it will be fine, but not the service you will be used to.

4. jbg232 thread starter macrumors 65816

jbg232

Unfortunately, that's what I'm preparing myself for... I feel like I don't even know what a dropped call feels like and with all this talk about AT&T service, I'm not really sure how it will affect me.

So if I get this correct, within 30 days, I can only return the phone if I bought it from an AT&T store (ie not the apple store on launch day) and even then I will still have a 10% restocking fee, but I will NOT have an early termination fee. Correct?

EDIT: Just read apple's return policy too, they also have 30 days with contract cancellation and 10% restocking fee

5. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

It can be annoying, but I only really get dropped calls in my bedroom except for one spot. It is partially my fault for answering the call there if I know that the call will be dropped. However, it is also a good way to stop talking to someone you do not want to talk to! :D

6. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I have a similar question regarding their return policy. It notes that I have thirty days to return it to their warehouse. Is that based on the date that it ships or the date that I physically receive the phone? I only ask because I am moving and having the return timer start on the 24th would be great! Any help would be appreciated.