What is it Doing - MBA sleep issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by cubbi, Aug 17, 2012.

1. cubbi, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012

cubbi macrumors newbie

My Macbook Air 11' with ML during sleep gets quite warm and the battery depletes rapidly. I have the enable power nap on battery switched off, what else is causing the activity and how can I stop it? I doesnt happen all the time,and I cant replicated it on every sleep, just at very awkward moments, -it was fully charged for a flight I pulled the machine out after airborne the battery was virtually flat, the return flight it had stayed at 100% for 2 hours in sleep mode...what is going on-is it not going to sleep how can I check... no more white blinking led like my old macbook???

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. cubbi thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea but thats a step backwards having to switch everything off instead of the convenience of just closing the lid... :(

4. Hirakata macrumors 6502

Hirakata

What does Activity Monitor say your CPU usage is? Which processes are running? What settings do you have in Energy saver?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's because it's not sleeping. For sleep issues, you may find some useful ideas here:

Also, you may have better success in attracting responses to your thread, and you'll make your thread easier to find for those browsing the forum for the same answers, if you change your thread title to something more descriptive. To do so, click the "Edit" button on your original post, then click "Go Advanced" and you will see where to edit the thread title.

6. 725032 Guest