What is it worth?

griffinmeyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2011
Orange County, CA
The title says it all. How much could on sell a never used (hence no damage or wear) 32GB factory unlocked Verizon iPhone 4S for that still has the screen and back plate sticky plastic shield on (the ones that are on the phone when it's in the box and is brand new)? It is off contract as well.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
You can easily get $400+ on eBay. We put two iPhone 4's on eBay after we upgraded to the 4S and got enough from both auctions to pay for both upgrade costs to the new phones and THEN some! Being that the 4S is the latest model I don't see any problem with you getting at LEAST $400.

Cingular

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
$450 after eBay/PayPal fees. Sold my iPhone 4 32 gb unlocked week ago for $380 on eBay.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
You can always look on ebay to see what those phones are going for. That will give you the best idea of what to expect.

cruisencode

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2009
Forgive my ignorance, but how did you get a factory unlocked Verizon iPhone 4S? I thought the factory unlocked iPhone would only work on GSM networks.

Apple said:
The unlocked iPhone works only on supported GSM networks, such as AT&T in the U.S. When you travel internationally, you can also use a micro-SIM card from a local GSM carrier. The unlocked iPhone will not work with CDMA carriers such as Verizon Wireless or Sprint.

griffinmeyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2011
Orange County, CA
Forgive my ignorance, but how did you get a factory unlocked Verizon iPhone 4S? I thought the factory unlocked iPhone would only work on GSM networks.
Verizon will and can unlock the phone for you post-purchase if requested. It may only be used on other carriers internationally, not in the US.