What is latest greatest jailbreak/unlock software

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by doncomp, Feb 19, 2011.

1. doncomp macrumors newbie

Recent to Forums, sure if I waded through all the posts/replies I might find it...

But, what is the latest greatest jailbreaking and/or unlocking software product.

I have done this three times with Quikpwn and Redsn0w 9.6b5. The first two successful, the last made a nice looking brick locked on "Plug me in....." logo. Went to a cellphone tech shop, took him about 20 minutes to Restore, Jailbreak and Unlock. As I was paying him $30 dollars, it occurred to me he did all this on a laptop.

What was he most likely using? He, of course, would not tell me. Duh

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Jailbreaking - Mac - PwnageTool http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ or greenpois0n

Jailbreaking - Windows - greenpois0n http://greenpois0n.com

Unlocking - ultrasn0w on Cydia

$30! I'll do it for $5. Guess I should open a cellphone shop somewhere on the corner....

3. gngan, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011

gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You did not even put some effort searching the forum. That's why you had to pay $30 to ask someone else to do it. It's not that difficult to search isn't it? Stop being lazy and do some research.

4. adityarane macrumors newbie

go through all the stickys..

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

6. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

Seems like Google is down fairly often after reading some of the posts around this forum!

Love the pic ^^^ :cool:

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Few months ago, China government was blocking people access to Google site. May be US Government and others countries are doing the same thing now where no one can use Google now!

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

my guess Lazy Newbie

[​IMG]

9. doncomp thread starter macrumors newbie

I have searched, get all kinds of links to cow-pasture puddles, that's why I asked forum. What'a ya got Quickpwn....Redsn0w....Viphone....Recboot....Sn0wbreeze....

None do what I asked.........RESTORE A DEAD PHONE STUCK IN APPLE LOGO

What a pompous professional "Angan". As you can see the ONLY good reply came from a 'Commercial' for HackThatPhone.....................

Why waste the keystrokes if you're going to go Republican on some one asking a perfectly good question?

So, I'm a newbie, that's what forums are for...want a 'non-newbie' forum, form your own.

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

He probably just put your phone in DFU, restored, and jailbroke it with the Redsn0w or Greenpois0n depending on what firmware you have and if you had this done before the new GP came out. What you paid is pretty much the going rate for those types of services in my city, but you can do it yourself with a little research and the help of Google and searching the forums.

11. doncomp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, awadeee. I couldn't get it into DFU, stuck on apple logo. Just wondering how he got it to respond. Unfortunately, all the searching and downloading of software has taught me one thing,,,,all require you put into DFU.
    Even Redsn0w which has option to "Just open in DFU Mode" requires you go thru DFU process! @^%#$

12. hamkan101 macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me when I upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2.1 got stuck and nothing worked DFU etc. So went to an apple store and they connected it to their MAC and restored it, I don't rely on unlock so was not worried about BB.

13. doncomp thread starter macrumors newbie

I could find a Mac.

So, why do you think a Mac could do it when it wouldn't go into DFU for you??

14. labman, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

I'd suggest finding somebody on craigslist to restoreand jailbreak your device. YouTube has allot of video tutorials you can fallow. Search how to dfu. Still can't craigslist an $20 should get it done. Might wait till 4.3 comes out in a couple days.

I mean you have been trying to figure this our for 2 weeks so either user error or hardware issue.

You could take to apple and ask them to restore it also.

15. doncomp thread starter macrumors newbie

I did take this one to another iPhone tech who asked for $20.00. He tried for about an hour, gave up and refused my $20.00.
    Also, I changed the Audio strip, the Connector, checked the battery, tried the board in another iPhone.

Apple stores don't work on iPhones that don't have a maintenance plan or are in warranty. That's one of the reasons that Forums are popular.

Yeah, it's been a couple of weeks. So, I can assume there is no possible way to get an iPhone out of the 'Logo Loop', no way to get an iPhone into DFU that is stuck in 'Logo Loop'?

16. doncomp thread starter macrumors newbie

So, can anyone answer my question: What is it about Macs is better/easier for jailbreaking and unlocking iphones?

17. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I'm not sure a Mac is better regarding jailbreaking and unlocking, Macs are simply what the jailbreak and unlockers happen to use. I also imagine the reason is the vast majority of iPhone/iPad developers use Macs because that's what Apple initially required to develop iPad and iPhone apps. There are now Windows based development environments but, from what I've read, they are not as robust.

18. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Ya know most of us on the forum enjoy the challenge of learning how to do these things on our own but the time we spend on this would be worth more than 30.00 if we didnt want to do it.

I see no problem with paying someone money to hem my pants or fix my AC, its not that I wouldnt be able to figure out how to do it, I just dont want to.

Point is if you messed up your phone it may not be a bad idea to just pay someone that is into this to do it for you, if you would rather do it on your own you could check out iclarified.com easy step by step

If youre still stuck check out hackthatphone's link. He offers crazy cheap tech individual support and having seen a few hundred of his posts I can tell you he almost certnally knows more about what to do then the corner shop.

Good luck, what ever you do have fun with it

19. doncomp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, MikePA, for the answer.

Seems like a lot of people have lost the spirit of forums, what they are for, a place to commune and the enjoyment of sharing knowledge and information that has been learned.

Unfortunately, it's become a place to bash and dis people asking 'silly' 'uneducated' questions, a place to pint out peoples faults and short comings.

20. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Wow, where does all this anger come from? If this kind of thing bothers you so much, you need to stay away from forums in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y