what is light leak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmpvir, Aug 7, 2008.

1. jmpvir macrumors newbie

:confused:
    hi i know its a stupid question but i dont know what is light leak can someone tell me or send me a picture.

thanks

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

When the backlight for the screen can been seen leaving streaks of light over the top surface of the screen.

TEG

3. aphexii macrumors 6502

I thought light leak was when you can see some light leaking between the seem of the LCD/Glass and the iPhone casing itself. What you describe sounds like Uneven Backlighting.

4. automatickyle macrumors regular

If you have a light leak you will notice it in a dark room shining between the chrome bezel and the edge of the glass. From what I have read there is a rubber type seal that should fill this crack around the phone, but if it isnt there or pushed over you will see light. I noticed it for the first time last night and you can't miss it. Took it into Apple and they ordered a new one. Let's hope to God that this one doesn't have ANY issues.

5. The General macrumors 601

I though the light leak was when you can see the light from the backlight through the plastic back of the phone in a dark room. :confused:

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I always understood to to mean the backlight leaking onto the surface of the display. I would classify your problem as a different problem.

TEG

7. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

8. JSUDaniel macrumors member

9. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Holy shiat your kidding me, you searched the forums and missed the threads and pics about this?

For the love of gawd, someone fix the forum search feature....

10. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

just got my white iPhone switched out tonight because of dust under the screen. thought everything was cool until i turned out my light to go to bed and i noticed i have the light leak on the sides and back of my baby. i've never seen this. i thought the light leak issue was on the front. i actually had that with my first gen. this is my 3rd iphone, first the battery lasted 2 hours, second had dust, and now the light leak... grrr...:mad:

11. snook911 macrumors 6502a

ok with all this talk of light leak I decided to have good look at mine to see if it had any. I noticed when I hold the iPhone at a angle looking at the plastic back I see six dots of light about halfway down the side just under the volume switch. Is this the light leak everyone is talking about or is this something else. It's really only noticable in a very dark room.