What is "Missed" in Notification Center?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TrenttonY, Aug 1, 2013.

1. TrenttonY, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

Nothing has appeared in it since beta 1? What is it for? Only missed calls? Anyways is it really needed? They can replace it with "Post" or "Social" and have the Facebook and Twitter quick post back. Maybe a API to go with it so more social apps can have the feature. Or forget about NC Quick post and add a quick post page where the old spotlight was? Thoughts?

P.S I opened up dictionary one time and I got this. THE BLUE IS BACK!!!! #

Attached Files:

2. TrenttonY thread starter macrumors 6502a

I also got this, next to "See All" do you see the shoe? Weird.

Attached Files:

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

I'm a bit confused by 'Missed' as well. Anyone any ideas on what the use case for this is?

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

The Missed tab shows you alerts you haven't actioned/cleared in the last 24 hours.

5. mindfreck macrumors newbie

So what's the different between miss and all?

6. Smith288 macrumors 6502a

Smith288

I think missed means a notification you received and didnt acknowledge at the time because the phone was locked. All shows those as well as notifications you saw while actively using the device.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Missed applies to notifications that require an action from you such as missed calls, text messages, e-mails, calendar events.

The All tab is where everything else goes.

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

The Missed tab shows you alerts you haven't actioned/cleared in the last 24 hours.

All shows you everything, including missed alerts.

9. g35 macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing the shoe is supposed to be an arrow or something and they'll just replace the shoe with the arrow character in a future update. That's what you get for using Wingdings.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

For me it's seems that it's been more like all the alerts that you've received while the phone was locked the last time. Once you unlock it they are still there, but once you lock it again, those alerts no longer appear in the "Missed" tab and only new ones that come in after you locked the phone again will start appearing there (until the next time you unlock and then lock the phone again basically).

On the other hand, "Missed" on the locked screen seems to work differently than on the unlocked screen (if you have Notification Center enabled on locked screen)...in fact a good part of the "All" and "Missed" notifications appear differently when locked vs. unlocked. Perhaps a bug of some sort.

11. batting1000 macrumors 604

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/features/

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Definitely information as to how it was envisioned to work at least, but perhaps not how it's actually been working or implemented (maybe due to a bug of some sort).