What is mobileterminal and mobilefinder?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by pbcrazyboy, Feb 11, 2008.

1. pbcrazyboy macrumors member

What are these for? Please help or send me a link for an explination of these please.

Thanks

2. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Mobileterminal is terminal for your iPod. If you don't know what terminal is, don't bother getting Mobileterminal.

Mobilefinder is Finder for your iPod (equivilant to "My Computer" for Windows, but infinitely better). I'm not going to discuss MobileFinder more, however, because I only played with it some 3 months ago when it was a little baby Finder.

3. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

Mobile Finder is great, it's similar as Explorer on Windows. With Finder, you can access all files (and system files on your Touh). You can move, delete, copy, change permissions, etc. You must keep this app into your Touch. If someday you get troubles with some app, and you can not solve the problem through intaller.app, just go to Finder, search the problematic app, and delete it (some times it works, sometimes not).

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.3 (JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

You can also use Finder to fix permissions when needed, and to change your Summerboard icons on the go (by renaming + copy and pasting from other themes) ... I use Finder almost every day! But the useful features (renaming, moving files, etc) don't work unless you have Terminal installed as well. So, grab both! ;)