What is more powerful, ipad 2 or iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xkmxkmxlmx, May 25, 2011.

1. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Is the iPad 2 more powerful in terms of video processing (such as watching higher definition videos) and video game graphics processing than an iPhone 4?

I need a good on the go video device, but my iPhone just doesn't cut it sometimes.

2. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

The iPad 2 is much faster and much more powerful than the iPhone 4. If you need something for editing videos and photos and stuff like that, get the iPad 2.

To give you a little bit of the sense of how fast/powerful the iPad 2 is, compared to the iPad 1...it's 2x faster and 9x better graphics.

3. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

iPad 2 is far superior to the iPhone 4, with that said the next iPhone will be on par with iPad 2.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I would say, get a computer

5. foiden macrumors 6502a

Take note. Not a lot of things really show off the potential of 9X faster graphics. The main thing I see really using that extra GPU, at this time, is Video-mirroring and there's the question of how much extra power is that using. It's just that video-mirroring works in such a way as so the user shouldn't expect extra slowdown while using it. It likely uses extra power, because even the HDMI connector seems to get a little warm while using it.